cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m1946
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

keep getting this everytime try to upgrade

i am trying to upgrade my package to infinity and this keeps coming up, i have checked and it says my exchange is BT Infinity ready so why does this keep coming up for.

Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support superfast broadband. However, you can still get BT Broadband. Please choose from one of the packages below.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: keep getting this everytime try to upgrade

This is almost certainly coming up because, although your exchange is enabled, you local cabinet (s) is/are not.  If you enter your phone number into one of the on-line infinity checkers, what is the response ??

0 Ratings
m1946
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

says this

Broadband option Broadband speed range When you can get it Action BT Total Broadband BT Total BroadbandBT Total BroadbandThe speed prediction we have provided is an estimate, however download speeds can vary and the actual download speed will fall between a range. This is generally within 1-2 Mb higher or lower than your estimated speed quoted

Between 7.0Mb and 8.0Mb
(Estimated speed: 8.0Mb)
 Learn more
Sorry, you're not currently able to get BT Infinity. This may be because your area has not been enabled yet, or your individual line does not support super-fast broadband. Register your interest and we'll let you know if this changes. Register Interest

BT always offers you the best speed possible on your line.The speed prediction we have given here is an estimate, however download speeds can vary and the actual download speed will fall within a range. The range is an indication of the speed that other similar lines across the UK have achieved for their broadband service; this is generally within 1-2 Mb higher or lower than your single estimated speed quoted.

The actual speed is dependent on several factors such as the product option you choose, the processing power of your computer,how many people are using your broadband connection at the same time,whether you use a wireless or cable connection,the speed of the websites that you visit and how we're managing the network. Speeds can be lower at peak times - peak times are evenings and weekends.

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hmmm.....

You could try this one too for the sake of completeness :-

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

But it sounds to me like they either have no plans to do your cabinet(s), or you cannot get it for some other reason such as your line being connected directly to the exchange rather than via a cabinet.   If they plan to upgrade your line, the URL I've given you should give you an estmated date and speeds for FTTC ( or maybe even FTTP if you're really lucky ) availability.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 5

I would recommend ringing 150, they can sort this out for you no problem.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings