cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finfrazer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

latency

I've had fairly high latency since the start of my contract, a week ago my latency dropped from the usual 50ms to 18ms and now is back up to 60ms any reasons and help to get this back down?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: latency

@finfrazer 

Errors on your broadband connection, most likely noise on your phone line.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
finfrazer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

@Keith_Beddoethere's a bit of white noise?

0 Ratings
WeekendTechie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

There should be no noise at all between announcements. As Keith says this could well be whats causing the latency on your connection. Best to call through to the faults team for further tests. Be sure to mention that you have performed the QLN test and white noise is apparent on the line

0 Ratings
finfrazer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@WeekendTechie 

whats the number for this ive found several different ones online?

0 Ratings
WeekendTechie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

bets one would probably be 0800 800 150. Try to call from a mobile/alternate line though as they will need to do line tests and if you are using the landline at the time this may cause a call disconnect or erroneous line test results. 

0 Ratings
finfrazer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

@WeekendTechie 

Have called them and they were absolutely useless didn't even answer my question and just continued to tell me there is nothing wrong even though I am now experiencing some packet loss along with higher ping

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 9

Of course they are a waste of time, wrong dept. Ring 151 and report a noisey line, do not mention broadband.

0 Ratings
finfrazer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

still no use continued to tell me everything with my line is okay, any other reasons wht this could be happening?

0 Ratings