Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

less than 1mbps and high ping

Go to solution

Ok so Im pretty new to how internet works in UK but 40£ montly and internet barely touches 1Mbps, last time I was back in UK in January it was reaching 5Mbps so even though it was slow at least it was usable more or less, I did some research and tests and Im gonna drop few screenshots of it, speedtest shows 1Mbps for both download and upload, pinging in cmd to google.co.uk gives minimum 628ms with 980ms average.ping google.PNGadslchecker.PNGspeedtest.PNG

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: less than 1mbps and high ping

Go to solution

looks like adsdl2 conenction but need to post stats from your router

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection and preferably with IE/Edge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Sorry I didn't had much time to reply, busy weekend, anyway I checked all cables, all bt router settings, reseted router, and i found out that my IP profile is 2mbps but upload one is 20 which in my opinion makes no sense, can I ask bt to reset something on their end? last time I called them they said everything is perfect on their side and it must be something here at my place, can it be router's fault?test.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

with an up profile of 20mb that is an infinity 2 connection but your down speed is very low

need you to post stats from your router  any resets need to be done by openreach engineer visit

have you been having conenction problems wiith drops in internet or manual resets trying to improve speed or even both

check for noise   try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

tried to dial it, it was quiet, no noise at all, I restarted router twice recently but it had this problem for a long time and router hasn't been touched for like three months.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

from your connection speed and noise margin it appears you have been having or still having serious conenction problems with internet connection dropping probably not helped by manual resets  this has resulted in a banded profile https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if eliminating your internal wiring and faceplate will help your stability and attainable speed - even if you currently use a filtered master socket

0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

yes, test socket didn't changed anything at all, but my splitter has adsl on it and router says its using vdsl, so maybe I should buy vdsl splitter or faceplate? and how does one lower noise margin, you do it on your own or is it only on bt side?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

adsl filter is fine for your fibre conenction  it would help if you had posted stats from the test socket  the noise margin should reduce automatically but that won't happen unless you can get a stable connection

0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

2.PNG

so the uptime is since I plugged it in to the test socket

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

there is something really wron with your down attainable speed as it is nowhere near the estimate from the dslchecker  you connection speed is low because of banding but that should not affect your max attainable

do you have any extension sockets whether in use or not?  if so have you checked there is no dial tone at any extension socket?

0 Ratings