Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: less than 1mbps and high ping

Go to solution

Can you leave it connected to the test socket and repost stats in 2 or 3 days to see if your line is now stable?

0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

I have master socket near my door and one in my room, both works fine,my router is literally near my front door as I didn't wanted to use any extra wires, I already struggle with 1mbps... its been 4 hours since I touched router and noise margin is at 32.6 which is more than it was before. honestly Im starting to laugh out of how pathetic this is, when I google 2mbps I get posts from 2012 and some even from even earlier

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

So the master socket is the one by front door and other is an extension socket in the bedroom?  If in test socket by front door have you checked there is no dial tone at the bedroom extension socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

if by dial tone you mean sound effect which comes after you plug in telephone then yes, there's no dial tone. Tried to get into live chat option in bt.com and apparently since the owner of a internet is my stepmother and not me I can't even get help and her english is pretty poor, thats just sad aswell.

0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

yeah Im not touching router anymore, its been 5 and a half hours, nothing changed yet, I will update tomorrow then.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

@avengerer4 wrote:

if by dial tone you mean sound effect which comes after you plug in telephone then yes, there's no dial tone. Tried to get into live chat option in bt.com and apparently since the owner of a internet is my stepmother and not me I can't even get help and her english is pretty poor, thats just sad aswell.

Your stepmother can nominate you to act on her behalf as can anyone. I've dealt with BT, Sky and Virgin Media on other persons behalf, obviously with their permission being granted to the ISP for me to do so.

0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

So from the information I gathered, internet is slow because noise margin is high, probably from restarts of a router, so is there someone I can ask from bt to lower it and check how it works? saw someone on talktalk getting it lowered by admin or mod, or it doesnt work that way in bt? and bt hub has it locked, so should I buy new router to chenge it manually myself? waiting is kinda unbearable with youtube barely playing on 144p and 360p not even loads,download noise margin right now is at 31 with 1-2Mbps,

upload one is 6 and I have 9Mbps 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

You cannot change the noise margin manually whichever router you use.  You first need to establish a stable connection before you can make any progress  if it was adsl then mods would be able to get you out of banding after 3+ days stable but not on vdsl/fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
avengerer4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

so fastest way is calling engineer to come and investigate?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

If your line is not stable in test socket then you need engineer visit but if test socket stabilises your connection suggesting problem is faceplate or internal wiring then engineer visit could cost you £129.99. You would be advised about this when you arrange engineer visit

the engineer needs to fix a broadband problem before he can request a DLM reset

0 Ratings