cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perry081064
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: line interleaved for over a month

another month gone and still interleaved.

... and to add insult to injury my SNRM has lowered from 6.0db to 5.6db and interleave has risen to 1021 from 1009.

this is in good sunny weather, god help me when the rain comes in ,  i would expect dropouts with an SNRM that low.

cant wait for my contract with BT to end and go to virgin who may just care to help with problems rather than look for ways to escape helping.

0 Ratings
Rustynails
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Same here interleaved now for 3 months they tell me this is a good connection for gaming it used to be 10ms  now its 51ms to a server 50 miles away so got sky fibre pro coming next week and coming soon you can turn the interleaving off yourself online 

plus the money i will have to pay bt with for leaving early sky are giving me it back in voluchers

0 Ratings
Rustynails
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

problem solved

3659515349.png

0 Ratings
redeye
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

I enjoyed a non-interleaving connection from my last provider for the whole term.  I've been with bt now for over a year and my connection has always been interleaved even though my snr is 2.3. Cant fault the price and the reliability though.

0 Ratings
smoke999
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

In exact same boat.  Had great fastpath connection for months and then due to power cuts interleave been put on.  I'd say in total it has been a month now, makes online games terrible now.

Now some of it was my fault with switching modem/routers and also trying different patch cables to try to get better sync rates and to try to get the **bleep** interleaved off after the power cuts stopped (due to faulty dishwasher)

I have now attached a different patch cable from wall socket (twisted pair rj45 to rj11) and am sticking with the hh5 which syncs higher than the huawai 612. My line stats have gotten better with new cable.  

My hh5 was connected for 9 days 12 hrs with the old cable to wall socket. It would start Max rate at 69000 (if synced early am) and then would steadily drop where it settled at the end of 9 days at 54000.  I disconnected the modem on the hh5 holding to not make DLM worse and connected new cable (twisted pair rj45 to rj11)

With new cable to faceplate after 2 days I'm down to 67000 so new cable has helped.

What has not changed is interleave.  My data rate slightly increased to 59000, but that is still low as my Max data rate is at 67000.  Once DLM kicks in it seems to be very slow to release and get back up to speed/latency.

Just to rub it in if I check my number it estimates 60_80 mb if I was a "new customer". I'm sure my impacted b was as low as 46mb when I did the actual BT wholesale speed test.

0 Ratings
marion
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

can you turn it off now then with sky?? i heard they were going to do it, but is it now live?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 17 of 20

Sky use the same openreach system as all other isp's. If sky are planning to add more end user contriol ,other isps including BTRetail will also have the feature 🙂

Plusnet ( BT Retail sister isp) noted that more isp control over openreach DLM is under consultation so things must be starting to move.

I had to use an ECI/r {after advice off the users on here} to calm the line down after the "joys" of the HH5. 

Looks like your line may be banded going off that plusnet chart, which means an openreach  engineer visit to reset 😞

{Or a changing ISP will also get the dlm reset as the other poster did.}

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Now this is interesting... i have had a ping of around 35ms forever due to interleaving.. previously many years ago my old ADSL connection with interleaving off was giving a ping of 13ms. 

On Sky Fibre Pro is interleaving easy to turn off... ??

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 19 of 20

Hi

Unfortunately Sky (or any other fttc isp) do not have such a feature on their fttc products as of yet.

It will be up to btopenreach to agree to give all  isp's the option to have "enhanced" control of the dlm.

Once thats aggreed then maybe BTRetail will start to offer trials 🙂

0 Ratings
marion
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

dlm on fttc is pathetic, it really is, my ping was better when i had a 5-6km line from the exchange, my ping is higher now and its maybe 1km from the cab.

No reason at all for it to be that high.

0 Ratings