Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shamus1
Expert
Message 1 of 198

low speeds starting again.

Go to solution

had this sorted back along by the mods but im seeing it creeping back again,asking for mods to take a look again please,i have had a engineer out the other day due to disconnections with which he found nothing wrong,disconnections have now stopped but slow speeds at peak times is coming back. some tests ive collectedScreenshot (17).pngScreenshot (14).png

0 Ratings
197 REPLIES 197
shamus1
Expert
Message 2 of 198

Re: low speeds starting again.

Go to solution

stats

Screenshot (18).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 198

Go to solution

how about one at off peak for comparison

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 198

Go to solution

Which exchange?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 5 of 198

Go to solution

just taken and exchange is castle cary,somerset 

Screenshot (19).png

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 6 of 198

Go to solution

another thing i dont understand is if you look at my stats now and compare to earlier, noise margin has gone to 3db as we hit peak times and it does this every peak time

Screenshot (21).png

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 7 of 198

Go to solution

and now noise margin gone back to 6db is this normal bahaviour

Screenshot (23).png

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 8 of 198

Go to solution

connections started dropping again but it seems to do it to start up  at faster speeds with 3db but then tonight it will go down again i guarantee it,it seems to be a common thing happening engineer visit the other day found nothing so could the mods see if anything is wrong at bt end?it did it went down about 2 ish . iwill post stats when it goes down tonight.speeds are ok.Screenshot (27).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 198

Go to solution

your last stats show speed of 51mb which is almost at attainable with noise margin at about 3db  from what you say it appears the low 3db, which is now normal for some, is causing a problem resulting in connection dropping  maybe you need to get back to6db noise margin and slightly lower speed to give you stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 10 of 198

Go to solution

i agree but it wont stay at 6db it always starts up again trying 3db?

0 Ratings