Re: low speeds starting again.

Go to solution

any update mods.

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 198

Go to solution

Hi @shamus1,

Openreach are telling us that the issue isn't REIN related and also that they aren't prepared to send out an engineer. I've asked that they send me a letter such as a deadlock letter to confirm that they aren't willing to send out an engineer to test for it. @StephanieG is in the email chain and will be in touch with you on Monday hopefully with some news whether good or bad.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I really appreciate it.

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 185 of 198

Go to solution

this is very confusing thou as back along i had a message from staephanie saying they could see interference on my line but now they dont,anyhow if they dont think its rein then its something else on there equipment that they need to find?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 186 of 198

Go to solution

ive said all along if a engineer was here in the evening when fault was occuring they would see what was going on?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
shamus1
Expert
Message 187 of 198

Go to solution

9.00pm and it dropped and if this is not rein then what else could it be?Screenshot (101).png

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 188 of 198

Go to solution

six minutes later coming back up

Screenshot (102).png

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 198

Go to solution

@shamus1 wrote:

this is very confusing thou as back along i had a message from staephanie saying they could see interference on my line but now they dont,anyhow if they dont think its rein then its something else on there equipment that they need to find?

This is the problem @shamus1. The engineer that went to your premises did state that they believed it was REIN and gave us an example of where they thought it might be coming from. Openreach have a REIN team that decide whether or not they will send an engineer out to investigate. They need proof such as being able to see errors on the line or the broadband signal dropping sync. They performed a whoosh test. The data they got from that test shows no evidence of REIN. They also stated that if the automatic door locking system in the near-by blocks was faulty then they should have numerous reports in your area but they state they haven't. Hopefully, by Monday, we'll have an answer. I've specifically asked for a deadlock letter from Openreach to me stating that they are not prepared to test for REIN. @StephanieGwill check for a reply on Monday and keep you updated.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 190 of 198

Go to solution

They also stated that if the automatic door locking system in the near-by blocks was faulty then they should have numerous reports in your area but they state they haven't.

this is exactly where openreach fall down as a company,they could test the other lines in my street to see if the interference is on their lines but instead wait for others to complain and leave me with a sub standard line.why should i have to go around asking my street about their broadband connection when thats openreachs job to investigate.i have been very patient and tried everything i can and spent hours and hours collecting info on my connection just for openreach to let me down.this will be going to the ombudsman if they issue deadlock letter as i can not do the every day things with my connection in the evenings as you would expect in this day and age,as more and more things start to use internet the matter will get worse.you mods have been brilliant dealing with this fault so dont think im disgruntled with you.

0 Ratings