Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 191 of 198

Re: low speeds starting again.

Go to solution

Does the nearby automatic door locking system only operate in the evening or does it work 24/7.

If it is only in the evening do the times that it is set to work coincide with your problem?

If it operates 24/7 then I would have thought it would cause your problem all the time not just in the evening.

Openreach are investigating a fault with your line so I think it is unreasonable to expect them to test all the lines in your street or nearby to ascertain if they are having problems particularly if nobody else has complained about a problem.

Hopefully the deadlock letter will set out what Openreach have done and what they are not going to do and this will allow BT and you to reach an amicable solution.

shamus1
Expert
Message 192 of 198

Go to solution

something ive just noticed and dont know if its right,my start up connection speed is different to my speed in router pages

dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=43249Kbps, Up Rate=8622Kbps, SNR Margin Down=0.00dB, SNR Margin Up=6.00dB

Screenshot (103).png

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 193 of 198

Go to solution

it has a light sensor that reads when its getting dark so knows when to lock the door which can vary depending on the weather,so you are saying its not better for openreach to prevent problems arising and checking the area and just let other people complain and become disgruntled that is not how a good company works,if you were having the problem im having for the last 6 months you would also expect openreach to check other lines.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 194 of 198

Go to solution

also ive already been down the route with a resolution with bt as they let me out of my contract and i went to sky and had exactly the same problem so the problem lays with openreach as if its not rein its something else? why they cant send and engineer out in the evening is beyond me as they would get a better idea of what was going on but they wont,they send them in the daytime when alls ok.its not like the fault is intermittent its there every evening.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 195 of 198

Go to solution

@shamus1 wrote:

it has a light sensor that reads when its getting dark so knows when to lock the door which can vary depending on the weather,so you are saying its not better for openreach to prevent problems arising and checking the area and just let other people complain and become disgruntled that is not how a good company works,if you were having the problem im having for the last 6 months you would also expect openreach to check other lines.

I would be disgruntled if the problem had been going on for so long but I would not expect Openreach to check everybodys line, so without getting into an argument, yes that is what I am saying. It is totally unreasonable to expect a company to invest time and money to go looking for problems that nobody else has complained about and as a result might not even exist. I have never had the water company, electric company, gas company etc come to my house to check for problems when my neighbours had problems.

What I would expect and what appears to have happened is that they investigate what the problem is with my connection.

Given the location of your cabinet which shows the area you live in and that it was the longest day yesterday and it did not start to get dark in that area until after 10.30pm the light sensor would not have activated until about that time but you posted that the problem started at 9.03pm. Did you have the problem in winter when it gets dark about 4pm. Did the problem occur at the earlier time. It might be that the automatic switch has nothing to do with your problem.

Presumably you have gone down the route of turning off every electrical appliance, device gadget etc in your house to see the problem is in your own property?

EDIT: I have just noticed that you are in Castle Cary Somerset. I was referring to Castlecary in Scotland so the darkness times will obviously be different to those I mentioned.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 196 of 198

Go to solution

well thats the difference between me and you i expect them to look at other lines as its not hard sitting there looking at a computer analysing other lines.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 197 of 198

Go to solution

Perhaps you expect far to much in that case.

I will now bow out of your thread and hopefully it will get resolved one way or another.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 198 of 198

Go to solution

how much has it cost them to send 10+ engineers here in the daytime when they know it only happens at night they are willing to do that when i didnt expect them to do that, wasting money its there choice but what im saying is i cant go around the houses checking peoples lines in desperation to see if they are getting the same trouble but openreach can do it sitting at a computer.i also dont think im expecting too much to have a good internet connection by trying to get to the root of the problem by seeing if the problem is wider than my house as engineers cant find anything,also if i had intemitent gas,electric etc..they wouldnt leave it like that they would investigate further and internet is now becoming  as big a utility as the rest

0 Ratings