Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkanis36
Contributor
Message 51 of 59

Re: Plz Help :(

Go to solution

its not about the tracerts or the speedtest but i give up trying to get you to understand that yes the tracrts look fine but some thing is wrong.  How come can i stream fine on the bt fon network but i cant on my connection??  why can i play online games fine on the bt wifi fon connection but i cant on mine????

Oh wait i know what your thinking then it must be my pc or something on my lan,  but if you read all my posts i have replaced my router, all my lan cables reformatted my pc, replace my network card.........

Why does everything work no problem on a wifi bt fon connection???  i cant even stream netflix on my connection. but guess what i can stream netflix fine on the wifi fon connection?????????

Oh and grats on ignoring my speed test done earlier iam sure 5meg download on 38 meg connection looks fine aswell???

0 Ratings
DJT205
Contributor
Message 52 of 59

Go to solution

Are you using a BT Openreach modem or the one built into the router?

It does look to be 'something' external on BT's network...can you try from a neighbour's connection?

Also try tracert to the actual server you are having the issues with.

In my experience BT will take forever to sort stuff like this, because you can't actually speak to a network tech.

I hope you get it sorted soon!

0 Ratings
Arkanis36
Contributor
Message 53 of 59

Go to solution

No i was using the bt home hub 5 bought a tplink a few days ago but the problem remains.

As for the tracerts it started with my online games but now i am having issues on almost every site i use for instance i cant use google maps it wont load and the rest of the web sites i have to refresh 5 times to get them to load or they just dont load, switch over to the bt extarnal wifi network and all is working 100%.  This happens on both my pc and my wifes pc so at the moment iam forced to use the bt wifi connection.

The problem is aswell is bt online support for most part just ignore  issues or blame the customer if it does not fall into there standard 5 point check list of problems and they refuse or are not bothered to go a little further and actualy check its just easier to ignore the customer or put the blame on our end. 

Bets on they ignore this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Arkanis36
Contributor
Message 54 of 59

Go to solution
I am going to call the ombudsman services tomorrow
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 55 of 59

Go to solution

Have you tried changing your DNS to either Google or OpenDNS?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 59

Go to solution

See message 12.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 59

Go to solution

Hi @Arkanis36,

I'd be happy to take a look into all of this for you. I'll test your line from our side and take it from there. Get in touch with me by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Arkanis36
Contributor
Message 58 of 59

Go to solution
Hey DanielS

Thanks for your help looks like the issue has been resolved. they did some kind of reset today and now all is working 100%
0 Ratings
Message 59 of 59

Go to solution

Hi @Arkanis36,

Thank you for getting back to us. I am happy to hear that your connection is back working as it should Smiley Happy

PaddyB

0 Ratings