cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: moving house

Hi @Dan22341,

Since speaking to you this morning I don't need you to send me the landline number as I was able to reach you on the number we had on the home move order.

Can you connect the hub when you have a few minutes and let me know if you are able to connect to the broadband?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Dan22341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 30

I've connected the hub and no broadband and now my phone isn't working 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Hi @Dan22341, oh sorry that's not good at all. I can see you've got an engineer visit organised since posting and I'll make sure that @Matt-S gets your message when he's back in the office tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Dan22341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 30

An update on my problem my phone is now working again just my broadband that is not I have a solid orange light on the BT smart hub 2 I  use to be on fibre but since moving house I had to downgrade to broadband unlimited but I cannot use this service because my hub woni connect

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

Once the phone provision task closes, there should be a broadband provide task issued for the exchange, assuming that has not already been done. It could take up to midnight to activate, depending on what type of ADSL equipment is in use.

I assume you are going to be on ADSL, and that comes from the exchange. The Smart hub 2 should connect, but its not ideal if you are on a long line.

What speed have you been told to expect on standard broadband?

0 Ratings
Dan22341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 30

I was told between 31-64MB

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 30

@Dan22341 wrote:

I was told between 31-64MB

Not for standard unlimited broadband, which you said you were getting. The maximum for standard broadband would be about 20Mbs, if you are very close to the exchange.

You did mean standard broadband and not Superfast broadband?

0 Ratings
Dan22341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 30

It says in my BT account I think super fast broadband unlimited my exchange is thorne
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

@Dan22341 wrote:
It says in my BT account I think super fast broadband unlimited my exchange is thorne

As you posted on the ADSL board, I assume that is what you were getting, as you said you downgraded your connection.

I will swap this thread to the VDSL board.

Superfast fibre comes from the cabinet, and now your phone line is active, a task will be issued for someone to visit the cabinet, and connect you via the fibre cabinet.

Once that has been done, then activation normally happens by midnight.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dan22341
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Broadband still not fixed

hi engineer came this morning he said the broadband is there but is not connecting he said he would call me when they have fixed it but no call  i waited in all day for the call i am using mobile data that is costing me a fortune.

0 Ratings