cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob590
Beginner
Message 1 of 39

my day.

I had bt infinity installed yesterday and have had bt for about a month let me take you through what its been like today which it has been like since the first engineers appointment.

After the engineer installed the infinity yesterday nothing worked. He said that it wasnt a setup fault but because bt hadn't activated it which he said would be done by midnight. Which it hasn't.

I make a phone call to customer services and and spend 40 minutes in queue. Bt india then tells me that all phonelines in area are down, when I inform him I have a second line and another router for a business run in the shop below and its working perfectly he hangs up.

I phone again. This time an 11 minute wait and he tells be there are no problems so I ask to speak to customer services. Spend 10 minutes in queue and get through to bt england. He introduced himself as Chris and said that he would try to resolve my problem.

He said he was going to speak to the fault team for me and then take a complaint about my constant problems with bt services.

After 5 minutes on hold he pings me to India without saying anything.

So over this month I have spent ten hours on phone, now have no working internet, phone or vision. And bt has just taken a massive dump on me.

My advice to my friends and family will be to stay clear and get sky. Didnt have single problems from them last year
0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 39

Re: my day.

It would have made no difference getting sky fibre as it would have been the same engineer from Openreach coming up against the same problems. Only virgin cable would have different engineer

If a mod reads this he may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 39

However, Sky have UK call centres.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
rob590
Beginner
Message 4 of 39

Sky never lied to me
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been left without telephone service or Broadband. If you send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile, I will look into this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 39

@ray_dorset wrote:
However, Sky have UK call centres.

I believe BT should repatriate all call centres to the UK.

I suggested that to my ELC Newcastle help person when I had an issue, he just laughed in sympathy.

All the best

0 Ratings
rob590
Beginner
Message 7 of 39

Thing that annoys me is I have spent more then 10 hours this month on the phone because of all the problems. 14p a minute that means I'm paying them 84 quid to lie to me and hang up on me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 39

I would take the offer of help from PaddyB and complete the email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rob590
Beginner
Message 9 of 39

I have. But I have spoken to someone this morning. They gave me the same run around. I have to wait till Saturday for an engineer. Not only that. I told billing I won't pay the bill till my broadband was working and he said that he would put me through to someone but I just got sent to the beginning again
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 39

calls to BT from a BT line are free not 14p per minute
0 Ratings