cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

new 900 customer - upload locked at 50Mbps

Go to solution

Hi all

I got the 900Mb service installed today -all is well with test results coming in between 700-800, but the upload is capped at 50Mbps as it stop there on the head on ALL testers including BT's own.

can someone look into this for me

i also found something that says:

Broadband not linked to BT account

Your BT account doesn’t appear to have any BT broadband linked to it.

can somebody help please turn on 110Mbps upload and connect it to my BT account please>?

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: new 900 customer - upload locked at 50Mbps

Go to solution

Previous posts have said to wait a few days after installation as the speed should increase automatically. If not after few days then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@snadgewrote:

Broadband not linked to BT account

Your BT account doesn’t appear to have any BT broadband linked to it.

Have you logged in to your MyBT account to see what is recorded?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

yes and nothing but my details are there - when i try to run a speedtest on MYBT it says the above "no broadband attached to this account!"

i know how a DLM works, it does seem that its scapped at 50MBps  as it isn't going over or under, always 50 on the dot,, otherwise, my download speed would have been poor too - its not a xDSL package that uses an AFE you know that needs 2-10 days to settle...no interference / so no "settling"really.. should be straight out the gate just like my download is?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Its nothing to do with DLM, for some bizarre reason it is a restriction in the hub that either gets removed automatically after a couple days or needs manual intervention if it doesn't.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
ive read a few posts that say it doesn't go away AND even comes back sometimes? ill be turning it ALL (ONT+ROUTER) off at the plug every night anyway, so daily reboots are on the cards, if its not resolved within a few days ill get back on to it, thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

As most updates take place overnight how do you expect it to happen if the equipment is turned off? Your upload should fix itself withing 72 hours,  if it doesn't then that is the time to request intervention.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
it was working within 4 hours... got a new small issue now and wonder if this is what the BBU is for (updates) that my engineer hasn't installed, he's only put the ONT terminal on the wall (nice n small i have to say) and no Battery Backup Unit? i'lll start a new thread for it..

cos I turn off ALL plugs at night due to 'smart meters' reading energy consumption incorrectly and 'overcharging' (5 of all 9 UK smart meters do this up to as much as 500%, and mine has shot up in the last 18 months ago (used to see about £1.50 a day - then it was £2.50-£3.00 a day, once i started turning ALL sockets to off apart from the fridge everything went back to normal-ish, and they have gone up again from the 1st., tested in Sweden but wouldn't say who;s meters where doing it - but that's another story.
ill make a new topic about the BBU but thanks again for all the help and advice
does anyone plug directly into the ONT? does it make much of a difference in terms of speed and most importantly latency?
cheers
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Turning off the ONT and hub overnight is really not a good idea if you want to get firmware updates for both devices. There is no manual way of updating firmware.

BBUs are no longer fitted by Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
suppose ill have to get it onto its own plug which will be hard seeing as there is only one double plug and I've to power so many devices off them, be interesting to see how much my meter says in the morning with it on all night

why no BBU's anymore? do you know>?
thanks
0 Ratings