Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jol1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

new Infinity connection low profile and speed

hi

we have a new cabinet locally so signed up for unlimited Infinity and it was turned on a week ago -- speed was 12mb d'load and 1 upload. we were told our minimum would be 35mb and dsl checker confirms this -- we are though maybe 2 or 3 kms from cabinet so line length could i think take its toll. Noise test was neg and i knew that DLM would be adjusting over the week but there has been no change. bt wholesale test has been via ethernet and s'shot attatched. what is my next move -- do i ask to be put on the <17mb tariff? many thxScreen Shot 2015-11-15 at 14.19.42.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 14.11.12.png

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: new Infinity connection low profile and speed

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
jol1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

thx here is the result

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 08.44.49.png

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Your speeds are nowhere near your estimate, so you need to call and get an engineer visit. Before doing that, have you connected to the test socket to see if the problem continues there?

Looking at your router stats, it doesn't look like you can even reach the estimated speed at all (attenuation is too high, meaning long loop loss and therefore a long line to the cabinet: noise margin is at 6db so no scope for any speed improvement)

0 Ratings
jol1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

thx

tested socket and results still the same

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Connect things up like this, and see if its any better.

infinity_test.jpg

Also listen to see if there is any noise on your phone.

0 Ratings
jol1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

yes thx that's what i did

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

Can you post router stats (same as before) while in test socket? Will be useful to see if it's an internal wiring issue or not.

If you are connected to test socket and max attainable has not improved at all (I would expect this to improve, even if actual data rate was low), then call helpdesk and demand an engineer visit as you are nowhere near the estimates.

Router stats seem to suggest you can't get anything better, so it could be that your line has bits of aluminium, which is increasing the resistance and therefore, the attenuation, even though you are close to the cabinet.

0 Ratings
jol1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

latest stats here (the previous were a day or so ago but you can see attenuation reduced by 0.3 or so

also i re-iterate i am 2 or 3 kms rural from cabinet

thx

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 12.26.55.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Those expected speeds seem wrong if you are that far from the cabinet, perhaps the database is wrong?

You could just be on the faster broadband product.

I assume that the phone is totally quiet when you dial 17070 and select option 2?