cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

new bt fttp connection - ipv6

I had fttp installed today and the router - currently using the smarthub 2 - isnt showing as being connected to ipv6 - do I need to set anything up different for this or is it supposed to be disabled?

Also, in advanced broadband settings, it gives my upload and download rates as 1000Mbps, which is the WAN port rate, is there any way to show the broadband connection rates as it used to do for gfast?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: new bt fttp connection - ipv6

The hub is showing you the connection rate between the ONT and hub, it does not have access to the connection rates to the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

IPv6 isn't configurable on the hub, if it is showing as not enabled it is because it is not enabled at the BRAS for some reason. 

It is not possible to see the connection speed directly as that is held by the ONT which isn't accessible

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Yeah thats what I thought, so the only way of seeing that is the bt broadband speedtest or some other site that tests your speeds?

Also any thoughts on the ipv6 question?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Ok what is the BRAS? It was enabled on the other smarthub 2 which ive replaced which i used for my gfast connection.
Is there any detriment to having ipv6 disabled for the average user?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Broadband Remote Access Server, the other end of your connection. No idea why you are not getting IPv6 connectivity though as it should be universally enabled, possibly just a temporary fault. There is no detriment to not having IPv6, there are extremely few IPv6 only sites.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Ok thanks, my upload speed hasn't increased much yet either although its only been connected for a couple of hours but from what i've read on here its been a common thing and power cycling usually works which I will try as I haven't power cycled the router since it all came on, so that may bring the ipv6 back aswell.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Power cycling doesn't work. Just leave alone for 72hrs, the hub should recieve a lift to the upload cap then. If it doesn't then post back.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Ok thanks for that ill leave it alone for now, could this auto update bring the ipv6 back also?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

@chm2009wrote:
Ok thanks for that ill leave it alone for now, could this auto update bring the ipv6 back also?

Possibly, unless there is a temp fault at the BRAS.

0 Ratings