Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 44

new customer

hi 

new customer since the 28th FEB.

since the 28th of Feb. ive had a problem that only around in the evenings during the day my speeds are great around 63 mbps  but at night my download go to 24mbps and my upload go to 31.74,ive had bt engineers out and dueing the day and they state the line is fine,  but the fault desk can see a fault on my line a good distance from my home2020-03-10 (1).png2020-03-17.png

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 44

Re: new customer

The results showing low speed and 31mb upload speed are wrong and looks like a problem with btspeedtester which is not unusual. As you are on superfast fibre 2 the max up speed is 20mb so you can upload at anything above that  are you testing with Ethernet  onnection

can you post hub stats  from advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 44

Your line is fine!

As you can see from those bar graphs your IP Profile is unchanged day and night at about 71.5 Meg. This means your connection speed is the same day & night at about 74 Meg.

It's your speedtests of your throughput that are reducing at night. Are you doing these tests over Ethernet or wireless? Wireless can be unreliable & variable, particularly at night when you can get interference from everybody being in & using their appliances.

That nighttime upload speed of 31 Meg is impossible & due to a glitch in the BT Speed Tester.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 44

hi
all test are done over Ethernet ,this only happen between 6 pm ish and 11:45pm ish other then that its perfect all over times,i done another test just before this reply but im not sure how to add another pix
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 44

2020-03-17 (2).png2020-03-17 (1).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 44

Which exchange and cab are you on?  If you don't know then enter your phone number here. 

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 44

2020-03-18.png

ju2020-03-18 (1).png

just got home from work, just done another speed test and you can see speed back up to what it should be, untill tomorrow evening and it will be the same as earlier 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 44

2020-03-18 (3).png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 44

Have asked mods to check your exchange and cab for possible congestion at peak times.  They will post here

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 44

thank you ,had bt out today to check it he cant find any problem with the line during the day.

0 Ratings