Contributor
Message 31 of 44

Re: new customer

just for ref 03/04/202020-04-03.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 44

Hi @stomper1  thanks for the updates. The broadband team are looking into this for me and have asked if you can confirm that you are connected with the BT Hub and is there anything else connected to the broadband when you are testing (even things that can't be disconnected) as the Svlan has been checked again and there is no congestion showing.

cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 44

hi john

ive test with everything on, and ive tested with just one pc connected to the  hub.

during the day with everything connected I get download speeds up to 65mbps

but when evening comes I see my speed drop down to as low 24 mbps  

ive tested with one pc when its dropped to 24mbps and ive even rebooted the hub at that time, but even that has not improved the speed  it seem that at that time of day my down load speed are restricted 

cheers kevin

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 44

forgot to say I did notice I lost my internet around 17:15 yesterday but the router was still the same colour has if it was connected
cheers kevin
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 44

tested 08:54 everything connectedtested 08:54 everything connected

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 44

tested at 23:10 and as you can see my speed back up to what it should be

2020-04-08.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 44

sorry wrong picture2020-04-08 (2).png 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 38 of 44

hi

phone bt this morning about the drop in speed that happens during the every evening without fail, the chap more or less called and liar.

while they run there test they state there nothing wrong with my line.

I stated I would pay for a bt engineer over time rate, to visit my home after hours to test my line  

he stated this was not possible. 

so how do I prove my case , the speed test screen shots  that ive taken to prove my speed related problem don't mean nothing

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 44

If your router stats show your connection speed is ok when you experience the drop in download speed the problem will not be with your line and it is only the connection speed the cs rep will be able to see. The problem shows classic signs of network congestion but the mods say your SVLAN isn't congested.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 44

The problem shows classic signs of network congestion but the mods say your SVLAN isn't congested.

total agree with you,

but my argument with bt is they guarantee your speed will not drop below a certain amount when you sign up

mine drops nearly  less then half in that window

0 Ratings