Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crakayl
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

new fibre cabinet

Go to solution

hi can i ask how long it takes openreach to tell BT and other isp,s that a cabinet is now live?  ive been enjoying speeds of 38mbps since the 23rd may 2018 which is 8 weeks ago now when we got migrated onto a new fibre cabinet which is a lot closer to my home, yet BTand other isp,s say my line can only get 14-15mbps which is stopping approx 212 homes from upgrading to ie 76mbps.

surely it does not take 8 weeks for this to happen

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
crakayl
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

new cabinet

Go to solution

can anyone tell me how long it takes openreach to tell bt we are now on a new cabinet .?

we are migrated onto a new fibre  cabinet since the 23rd may 2018 current speeds are 38mbps which is great for me, my problem is Bt and all other isp.s says i can only get 14-15mbps so at present i cannot upgrade to lets say 76mbps. surely it doesn't take 8 weeks to let Bt and others know we are migrated onto a new closer to home fibre cabinet with a lot better speeds.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: new fibre cabinet

Go to solution

ISPs use this https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html   enter your phone number and post results  delete phone number but leave exchange and cab

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crakayl
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Error
This might be because:
Due to essential maintenance work the site is not currently available.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please contact help desk with any further questions. the link produces this error
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

try that  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 14

Re: new cabinet

Go to solution

Which cabinet does it show you are connected to HERE ?

If you are only getting 38mb now what makes you think you can get any more just by upgrading?

0 Ratings
crakayl
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

1.PNG2.PNG

the first pic is mine, the second is further up the street and is the only address from approx 212 homes that says O/S (on system) 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

entering phone number is better and more accurate

you can complete the openreach form and at drop down menu select 'what cabinet am I on'

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

if you get automated response then send form again until someone actually responds

crakayl
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

i already contacted BT this way 13 days ago with my query being passed on to a higher authority this was passed on 11 days ago with still no reply.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

The link @imjolly has given you is not for BT, it is for Openreach.

0 Ratings