Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

new install queries

Go to solution

So had an engineer visit today to install FTTP and have couple queries

1. How long from being turned on will i get the expected speeds

2. How long until broadband shows on my mybt app

3. how long until my phone number is ported from my other provider and how will i know

4. The new line, they attached it to the soffet rather than our house is this normal..

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: new install queries

Go to solution

Hi @grumpy_whale 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I can see that you had an engineer visit recently.  I hope you're enjoying your Full Fibre service.  With Full Fibre, you should see your full speed straight away.  There isn't a settling in period.  Keep in mind that Wi-fi performance may not reach the full potential of the Full Fibre product.  Devices connected by ethernet cable would give you a more accurate result.

When the engineer reports back to us that they have completed the job to install your service, this would complete your order.  Your broadband should show on your app and online once that's done.

As your remaining questions are account specific, you can call our Full Fibre team on 0800 587 4787 who can talk to you about that.

All the best,

Robbie

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks called team most answered but..does anyone know if its normal to anchor the new cable to soffit rather than brickwork?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @grumpy_whale  and thanks for posting.

Can you post a picture of what you're seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

20210628_135553.jpg

 so you can see iys attached to the white plastic/wood not the brick

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @grumpy_whale ,

Thanks for posting the picture. I think you should raise this with Openreach directly as it doesn't look like a safe installation. You can contact them at Tell us about unsafe, damaged or vandalised equipment .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes you can attach Bracket 22’s to UPV Fascia Boards providing they have a wooden board behind to secure the screws.

Also looks like you have the new FOD (Fibre Only Dropwire) Cable. It’s a lot lighter than the Hybrid Cable and also the clamps are designed to cut the cable when put under tension from say a HGV pulling at it.