cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welly66
Message 11 of 28

Re: no Broadband!!

Go to solution

As reported by jonpiz i also live in Chelmsford area and had an internet outage which lasted 4 and half days , starting last wednesday evening and all through the weekend. Finally got Internet back on monday morning 9 am only to loose it again yesterday afternoon. Customer services have now told me that it will be next tuesday the 7th of April before it gets resolved ! This is outrageous, i only moved to BT a month ago and i really regret this. Anyone know if there is any way of getting this issue sorted out sooner? I have lodged a complaint but apparently it will take 3 to 4 days for them to investigate it and get back to me! What a joke!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution
the fault is also affecting other providers It is an Openreach issue BT Retail your Provider have no control over the repair time
0 Ratings
jonpiz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution
Well they need to take control, that's just a cop-out
0 Ratings
jonpiz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution
I feel sorry for the BT engineer who is coming tomorrow. Lets see how his diplomacy skills are if he says its out of their control
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution
They are NOT BT engineers they all work for Openreach and under OFCOM rules BT gets no priority over any other provider all suppliers are dealt with equally
0 Ratings
Welly66
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

I thought Openreach are part of BT.

0 Ratings
Welly66
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

Keen to know the outcome of the engineer's visit!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution
Yes they are, however this forum is for BT Consumer, which is the ISP selling BT Infinity.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Welly66
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution
Sorry not sure I follow!
0 Ratings
jonpiz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution
Well a very brave Openreach part of BT engineer came round and didn't fix the problem. He said it could be a matter of someone pushing a button in India and it works. Well its been escalated. If I was someone important I bet this wouldn't have taken this long - 7 days now
0 Ratings