cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

no fibre yet available and live right by cabinet

I recently got a new line into my house and openreach and BT engineers both said I would get great fibre as the cabinet right near my house was fibre enabled and had lines free.
Having been told by BT that I had to get broadband to start off with i have now tried to upgrade to BT infinity 2 and as the engineers had said i'd have no problem im left now being told fibre not available to be as my line may be too long ( impossible as live right near cabinet )
Rang BT and was basically told they couldn't do anything , had been told it's possible that openreach haven't updated there records correctly but BT say they can't contact them.
I am nor lift with slow broadband and feeling very stressed can anyone give me any ideas
0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Natalie1
Beginner
Message 2 of 30

Re: no fibre yet available and live right by cabinet

Report to Ofcom or Trading Standards as they have promised you infinity and have sold you regular broadband based on the promise of having infinity. If they cannot give you what they have promised then thats false advertising.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 30

Enter your phone number HERE and post back a screenshot of the result. Remove your phone number beore posting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 30

@Natalie1- super unhelpful.

@GSM Can you put your number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a screenshot of the results please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 30

How long has you line been active?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
GSM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 30

Hi Natalie thanks for you advice but it was all the engineers both BT and Openreach that said about the fibre when they came to install the line, obviously they have to go to the cabinet and they put the line in so would have seen the length of cable and if there were fibre lines free which they said there were and that I was very close to cabinet yet on openreach it's now been put line too long for fibre eventhough I'm really close and there are new builds well over a mile away and they have fibre from the same cabinet. 

The opemreach and BT engineers were amazing but BT aren't interested now and have said they won't contact openreach eventhough I had been told from yet another person from BT that it could well be an error in the database or that it hasn't been updated on openreach page. 

0 Ratings
GSM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 30

Trying to but won't allow me. Have tried this anyway and also samknows all say the same but yet all the neighbours can get fibre. I'm closer than lots that have it and was told loads of lines free. It says on openreach line might to too long and yet I'm less then 300 metres away and there are new houses more than a mile away on the same cabinet and they have fibre.
0 Ratings
GSM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

Wednesday 13th September.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 30

To upload your screenshot click the picture icon and browse to the file and upload.

2017-01-26 20_22_30-Reply to Message - BTCare Community Forums.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 30

I suspect it's a database issue.

Give it another few days and if it still says the same, post back and the mods should be able to get Openreach to check their records.
0 Ratings