cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrial
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

no internet since 23rd december

hey  i thought i would try getting help here because im getting no where with bt customer service.

This all started last saturday afternoon (23rd december) when we lost all connection to the internet.

Called up bt on the 24th they done some checks and they said everything looks fine they need to send out an engineer.

Engineer booked for the 28th. This day came but unfortunatly the engineer didnt. Back on the phone to BT, they appologised there was problem with the booking in the system. Re-booked for the 29th morning.

Now i wasnt at home when he came but was told he done the usual checks and said everything seemed fine but we will need a new hub. He said we should expect a call from bt to arrange this.

When i found out we needed a new hub i thought we will be another week without internet so i decided to order the netgear D6400 from amazon prime.

i got home later that night, following some tips from this website on how to set it up and went ahead and set it up, but surprise, surprise still no internet.

i leave it for the night and see what bt have to say when they call me (today)

so i just got off the phone with them and was told the same thing the engineer said i need a new hub. I told him i have a new router and the internet is still not working, he told me they do not support 3rd party routers and he cannot help, he then said he will pass me onto someone that will order the new hub and re-contract me (what???)

i was passed onto this lady from Glasgow who started to go through my packages and asking if id like to keep or add any new services, i said i dont want to re-contract i want my internet back on, i have a new router i just need the internet! she said we cannot help with that if you want internet back you need to re-contract or pay for a new smart hub. 

This sounds all a bit illegal to me, forcing me to pay to get my internet back??

i told her i will get back to them.

i then come here and find other threads with people with similar problems

(https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-2-WAN-Connection-Dead/td-p/1805...) ( https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/No-Broadband-for-Xmas-or-New-Year-BT-seemin...)

so i thought i would post here my problems aswell

anyway sorry i went on for a bit but im out of ideas of what to do?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
durmz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: no internet since 23rd december

This is getting weird. What a pain in the **bleep**
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 25

Do you have a dialtone on your line?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
mrial
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

yes phone part is working normal

0 Ratings
Achaddy
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Hi Mrial,

You need to raise a complaint with BT ASAP. This issue is **bleep** and affecting loads of us.

BT wholsale have made a change which has broken our inifinity BB in multiple locatations. They still insist on doing line checks and engineer visits and now exchnage visits. But its still not fixed!

Complian now to BT and to OFcom. 

0 Ratings
mrial
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Yes i will be. It not accetable that between the customer support in India, the engineer visit and customer support in Glasgow they cannot come to a solution to the problem. 

This is not at all customer service its a circus.

Seems like i have to again come to these forums to get somewhere with the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Is the Modem syncing up but he Router not establishing a PPPoE Session.

Could be a DSLAM Port or Fibre Card fault.

Problem I see sometimes is Engineers don’t have their Hand Held Tester setup for Data. They’ll see their JDSU or EXFO come into Sync and assume there’s no problem when there is.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

@Starwire2000 It looks like a wider problem with the PPP layer, see this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Ah right, must be a localised problem somewhere. Not heard of or seen any issues like this at all where I live/work.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 25

Don't think it's a localised problem as there are numerous uses suffering fom multiple locations.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-2-WAN-Connection-Dead/td-p/1805...

Even the mods seem to agree it is a common fault over various locations.

0 Ratings