can anyone help i am not getting the speed i was told i would get when sigining up to bt infinity 2 i was told i would get between 70-80mbps down and up to 20mbps up but i am no getting this this is my router stats below i have noticed that my Maximum data rate is showing 8930/59543 and its lower than the data rate i am geting 8859 / 61218
i have the router connected direct to the phone socket i have no extensions on the line
1. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068543+NQ43109122
3. Firmware version: Software version 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.6 (Type A) Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 11:52:54
6. Data rate: 8859 / 61218
7. Maximum data rate: 8930 / 59543
8. Noise margin: 5.9 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 22.2
10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 20.9
11. Data sent/received: 2.3 GB / 2.4 GB
Downstream: 59.78 Mbps
Upstream: 8.651 Mbps
Looks as though you have an impacted line as your download speed is within the estimate for that.
As to your upload speed yoyu may have a bit of a fight on your hands getting anything done about it as most (if not all) UK residential ISP's only bother about download speeds.
ok just think its a bit strange my line was ok before i went to infinity i was getting the quoted speed no problem what dose impacted mean
There are several things which can impact a line. These include (as well as others) number of joints, line quality and crosstalk effects.
i was getting a good upload speed when it first got put in but the speed has droped i was getting 15mbps up but now down to around 9mbps