cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JIIason
Message 11 of 19

Re: not getting speeds i pay for

That was the estimate i was given when i moved in and recently when i renewed the contract i was offered the super fibre which i took for better speeds but speeds are nowhere near
Yes that was from the test socket
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

have you yet checked the line using a corded phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JIIason
Message 13 of 19

not able to check as i have no corded phone available
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

Then you will need to get one, only about a fiver from the usual sources, invaluable as a diagnostic tool.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

you can get engineer visit but if the problemis in your home - your side of test socket - then you will get billed for the engineer call out  investing £5 in a corded phone will determine if your problem or openreach  it is always there in case problem recurs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JIIason
Message 16 of 19

borrowed a friends spare phone and no sound inbetween

im guessing no problems my side

i know im not going to get anywhere near 67mb but im not even at the minimum 27mb with the max being 40ish

its between 10-20mb these days depending time of day 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Then you need to phone 151 and get engineer visit. You will need to be insistent 

0 Ratings
JIIason
Message 18 of 19

ok cheers

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Hi @JIIason ,

Thanks for posting. Did you speak with the faults team? Have you managed to get an engineer visit sorted? Can you post back and let us know how you’re getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings