cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 32

only one in the village that can not order? really????

I live in a village and our cabinet went live to accepting orders 2 weeks ago.  With download speeds of 0.5 I was elated!

I put in my telephone number or address and it says 'not available' so I put in all the other addresses in the village (and phone numbers that I know) and it says 'congratulations you can order'.  I am in the middle of my neigbours in terms of location and we all have the same postcode in the street...and same cabinet/exchange.  Ironically they do not want to order infinity...but I desperately do!!

Complained to BT and was told 'you can not order in your area' arrrgghhh!!  I explained again and again and was told it was 'probably a capacity issue' I said that my entire village is able to place an order (not yet placed) but I can't.  So a fault was raised.  I logged on tonight only to find the fault was 'closed' on 9th Oct and no-one has updated me on what on earth is going on!! 

BT engineers working on cabinet today so I stopped and asked them...they said it was bizarre...never heard of it...and to call BT!! 

Please can someone help me????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 32

Re: only one in the village that can not order? really????

Please someone help me I am so stressed about this!

Openreach website say Accepting Orders....my cabinet is also accepting orders as I have added 6 telephone numbers in my road (3 either side of me) and it says 'congratulations you can order' I add my mine and it says 'not available!?'

I am willing to pay for an engineer to come to my house but why won't anyone help in BT?  I was told it was a capacity issue but the slots are not even close to being filled as they are still accepting orders....

This is not right - surely?

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 32

what cabinet are you on

0 Ratings
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Stainton exchange cabinet 42....

my neighbours numbers when I add to the BT wholsesale ADSL checker say FFTC available...my number is not but still the same cabinet.

Also BT engineers that were working on the cabinet said there was no reason why I could not get it????

0 Ratings
dazzarfc12
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 32

if you like pm me your postedcode or telephone number ill check it 

0 Ratings
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 32

I have sent you a pm....but I know what the check will say...

I could understand if my neigbours could not order either.....or different cabinet, or different postcode, or street....but as I said neighbours either side of me do not use fibreoptic but can order it if they want to!

All BT will say is "you can't order it is not available - sorry"   I just want someone to check it technically.....there must be something not right?   It is strange that I am the only house that can not order?

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 32

Hi NICOLAH101

Can you please post the full results of http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl for your line
Please include the exchange and cab number as well as the grid and the text under the service grid.

For your security please edit out the landline number/ address before posting

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 32

My neighbours (left and right to me) show the top results.

My number (house in the middle of them) shows the bottom results 

phone exchange.JPG

0 Ratings
NICOLAH101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 32

sorry forgot to add the exchange is stainton exchange and the cabinet is 42

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 10 of 32

Thanks NICOLAH101,
It seems to be a BT Wholesale database issue.

I have raised this up and a Mod may offer you a chance to get help from them in the morning.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings