cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

ordered superfast fibre unlimited 50mbps yet have superfast fibre essential top speed 36mbps.

Go to solution

So weve been upgraded,.The package shown on my bt says superfast fibre unlimited yet when i check email it says max speed of 36mbps when it should be 50mbps as 36 mbps is fibre essential not superfast fibre unlimited.

email said speed guaranteed 25 mbps and up to 36 mbps.

currently the speed via ethernet is 30mbps

also i had email saying we could get fibre 2 67mbps just a few days after signing up for superfast fibre unlimited and being told this was the best in this area so im really confused which it is

I have a picture of my dsl checker results, im not sure what is going onkjidid.png

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: ordered superfast fibre unlimited 50mbps yet have superfast fibre essential top speed 36mbps.

Go to solution

The DSL checker shows that expected speed you line will support is 32-46Mb.

Post your hub stats  so we can see the supported speed.

Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Re: ordered superfast fibre unlimited 50mbps yet have superfast fibre essential top speed 36mbps.

Go to solution

thanks dsfsdfdfsddddddddddddddd1.png

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Your line cannot support the full 50Mb although you may get a slight speed lift if you are on a Huawei cab when G.INP kicks in. For some reason you obscured your exchange so I can't check on that.

masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

hey thanks sorry here is the pic with exchange 0kokok.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

you are on a Huawei cab so just maintain a stable conenction and in 10/14 days hopefully G.INP will kick in and give a bit more speed as suggested by @pippincp 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

hey thanks. my speed has dropped to 1.5mbps from 30 yesterday.

also what is huawei cab?  thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Huawei is the company that make your street cabinet as against ECI

post your router stats again   if your conenction has dropped then try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best from test socket with a filter  any noise needs to be reported as phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

hi sorry steam was downloading in background (auto logins) thats why speed dropped. stopped download speed back up,

Can i ask you when was the cabinet upgraded? i only ask because we have had really slow internet for years sub 1mbps

just for peace of mind that we havent had fibre for years without knowing about it

Thankyou

0 Ratings
masychef
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

anyway to know when cabinet was last upgraded to fibre? i just like to know we not had it for years

Go to solution

so we just got upgraded to fibre id really like to know when the cabinet was upgraded to fibre for peace of mind as we have had sub 1mbps for years and id be a bit upset if we have had fibre for years without knowing about it.

thank0kokok.pngyou

0 Ratings