cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanox_cam
Message 1 of 6

phone line fault after losing broad band connection

I got a BT infinity 2 installed to my house at begining of July; But since beginning of August, I noticed that I was losing broadband connection quite often. It happens about two to five times everyhour, and last about 2 to 4 minutes every time. And everytime when the broadband lost connection (orange light on the hub), there is no connection of my phone line either! I could not make or receive calls!

And when the broadband lost connection, only the power light on the openreach modem is stable green, no other lights for about ten seconds; then the Pon and Port1 lights came back with flashing green light first and then keep stable. Then I have to wait about another 30 seconds at least until the Tel1 light change to steady green from slow flashing, then I can make calls to the customer service where I was told they were extremely busy and nobody pick the phone and answer my questions.

My question is: Is there a problem with my phone line or the Openreach modem?

I am still waiting for replies from the customer service and it seems better to post a message here for help.

My whole family are so annoyed by this broadband connection issue as nobody can really enjoy exploring, shopping or gaming on line. 

Any advice will be very appreciated!

Stan

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: phone line fault after losing broad band connection

Sounds like a phone line fault possibly due to a dodgy contractor install.

I'll flag this for a mod to pick up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi stanox_cam,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum,  please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this fault investigated. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stanox_cam
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your reply!

Got a call from BT a few minutes ago and was told BT will check the details of the problem and will call me back tomorrow. And it sounds it's a fault with the openreach box and hope it can be replaced soon.  Still losing connection quite often today 😞

Have a nice weekend!

Stan

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

I would still contact the mods as they will take 3-5 days to get back to you. You can always mark your thread is solved if things are sorted out tomorrow. If not wait for the mods to get back to you.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Contractors dont install fttp. Possible fault wiith the openreach ONT or a bad slice in the fibre somewhere.