Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylver123
Expert
Message 11 of 366

Re: planning to get myself an unlocked openreach modem

@Kenny wrote:

@Sylver123

I was in same position as you, was lucky to get a full day without HH5 resync, so i purchased both HG612 and ECI(latest version)

Tried the hg612 for a few days but connection was still dropping and my speeds were getting slower, switched over to ECI on friday and been connected ever since and i can see my speed starting to rise

I can do without GUI as long as i stay connected, HH5 now put away in cupboard

kenny

kenny, I take it your getting better sync speed and your connection is more stable when using

the ECI modem rather than the HG612 modem you were using at first on your line?

0 Ratings
Kenny
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 366

ECI hasnt dropped connection since i plugged it in on Friday, my download speed had dropped to 38-40 mb however over the weekend it has started to climb back up.

HG612 was dropping connection a few times a day when i tried it and thats when i saw my speed dropping

kenny

0 Ratings
crozza-9
Contributor
Message 13 of 366

Just a few questions, I'd be iinterested in getting one of these ECI modems, Where can i buy one? also how do i find out what ECI modem i need?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 366

Try a well known online auction site for a VDSL modem

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 15 of 366

My speed is still around the 45-48mb. I was getting around the 58mb to begin with but i'm

sure the loss of sync is probably due to interleaving being turned on for my connection.

Hopefully when I receive my ECI modem tomorrow my connection will stay connected

for longer with less dropouts and and feel more stable and perhaps start to see the

interleaving depth being lowered or set back to fastpath therefore giving me some of

my line sync speed back.

0 Ratings
Kenny
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 366

my download speed has dropped from 51 to 41 in a week, if it doesnt increase then i will be looking for bt to downgrade me from infinity 2 as no point in paying more  than i need to.

now on to day 4 without a disconection with eci modem

kenny

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 17 of 366

@Kenny wrote:

my download speed has dropped from 51 to 41 in a week, if it doesnt increase then i will be looking for bt to downgrade me from infinity 2 as no point in paying more  than i need to.

now on to day 4 without a disconection with eci modem

kenny

Did you notice any sync rate loss changing from the HH5 to the BT Openreach

modem or where there no difference and the sync rate is just the same?

It's just some people have said they have got a higher sync rate when using the

HH5 as an all in 1 than the BT Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Kenny
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 366

Did not notice if i was being honest, do know my speeds are heading down the way, had an outage for 15mins last night at aound 9:45 came back on and my speed had jumped from 41 to 45 and 6.5 to 8, gets up this morning and i have went to 40 and 5.5

HH5 is getting plugged in now and left, if speed drops below the 38 level then im right on phone to cancel as they are not providing what i am paying for which is infinity 2, plenty of other providers out there and while it will still use my line at least they are cheaper and customer service is a lot better.

Just checked and on day 1 i was getting 52/8.5 which was my estimated, now my estimated is 41/6 which  funny enough is what im getting.

HH5 now plugged in at 6:00am and my DS has jumped up again

5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 00:03:28
6. Data rate:6410 / 46995
7. Maximum data rate:6492 / 47317
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 24.0
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 21.6

will be monitoring it over the next week

kenny

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 19 of 366

Would I be right in thing the ECI /r is the one with the highest sync but it not really best suited to networking novice. ?

Looking into these more and more as the HH5 lost the plot with the amount of drops its having 😞

Thanks

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 20 of 366

@Barry57 wrote:

Would I be right in thing the ECI /r is the one with the highest sync but it not really best suited to networking novice. ?

Looking into these more and more as the HH5 lost the plot with the amount of drops its having 😞

Thanks

Don't know what you are getting at here. What would you be intending to do other than end up with a stable connection?

A modem is a dumb device inasmuchas all it does is provide a connection. The router provides the networking.

0 Ratings