cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 366

Re: planning to get myself an unlocked openreach modem

@ funkingandspelunking the new fibre cab will be located within 100 yards of the existing PCP
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 52 of 366

The ECI cabinets are smaller have a single door with vents at the bottem - Ideal for passing dogs-. Smiley Surprised

Mine looks like this:

0 Ratings
adrian109
Contributor
Message 53 of 366

@Barry57

What is your setup i.e. modem (locked or unlocked) and router combination that you are using for a stable connection?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 54 of 366

Hi adrian109

Nothing to fancy just an Unlocked HG612 3B (the verison with all the bt software removed) and an old linksys router that came with some firmware called Tomato that goes a bit over my head.

At first I used an Unlocked ECI r to settle the line down after all the HH5 issues.

I've been quite impressed the HG612 3B as its not far behind the ECI r in speed and is very user friendly with other software.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 55 of 366

Found a Huawei  FTTC Street cabinet piture so the thread has both types for reference

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 56 of 366

Shame we had a power cut today.

Good news is the Line is still "Interleave off" mode which is great 🙂

So conclusions after two weeks using the Unlockled HG612 3B {No BT software Version}

The line is stable and the DLM has not applied Interleaving even after a power cut. 

Can not  fault it so far.

Its stable plus its easy to use for someone like me who's not in IT 😉

0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 57 of 366

Where can I pick up an unlocked OR Modem from?? as I've got a HH5 thanks.
0 Ratings
adrian109
Contributor
Message 58 of 366

I've just bought a HG612 3B modem from a well known online auction site. The one I bought is already unlocked. But you could buy a locked version and unlock it yourself if you can't buy one that's already been unlocked.
0 Ratings
runamonk
Contributor
Message 59 of 366

You can also check that online jungle store. They had them in stock from people selling theirs there as well. I got mine from the auction site though.

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 60 of 366

Hi

Mine was from that well know auction site. I wanted to get the correct HG612 3B with all the BT software removed.

I'm not really that skilled with IT although I enjoy learning something new.   It was easier for me to get one already set up so I could plug and play with out worrying about using the correct firmware and other more advanced things. 🙂

0 Ratings