cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 366

Re: planning to get myself an unlocked openreach modem

Hey ho. Got my HG612. Can someone tell me what settings I have to input into the modem, and what cabling setup I need to do (with the HH5). We've got FTTC.

0 Ratings
Keith_Taylor10
Contributor
Message 62 of 366

Normally you don't need any settings in the modem just plug the dsl cable from the faceplate

into the dsl socket on the modem (RJ11 plugs). Then connect a standard network cable from the LAN1

port of the modem to the red WAN port of the HH5 (RJ45 plugs).

Power up the modem and wait until the training has finished and the DSL light is steady then power up the HH5.

This should get you up and running but do note that the HH5 may still suffer from the disconnections

but this will only change your external IP address and the router should remain synced through this.

Is the HG612 modem unlocked ?

If so you should be able to connect a second LAN cable from LAN2 to a LAN port (yellow) on the HH5 and

gain access to telnet/web GUI at IP address 192.168.1.1 , you could also run either/both DSLSTATS and/or

HG612 modem log stats programs to see you line statistics.

Edit: change adsl to dsl so as not to confuse with ADSL and that it is for FTTC

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 63 of 366

Hi

My Unlocked Hg612 3B was just plug and play Auto configured.

Lan1 Into the normal router internet wan port and then Lan2 goes into a spare yellow ethernet port for the Line info.

192.168.1.1 for the webpage.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 366

Thank you. Connecting modem first and then turning on hub worked. Obvious in hindsight.

So can you only access the modem webpage via ethernet?

0 Ratings
Keith_Taylor10
Contributor
Message 65 of 366

You need the modem software to be the unlocked version and you

also need to connect LAN2 port of modem to a LAN port on the HH5 with

a network cable.

Once this is done you should be able to access the address 192.168.1.1 in

a browser even over WiFi

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 366

Yeah, I unlocked it myself.

Didn't realise connecting another cable to the hub via LAN2 would do the trick. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
InterMatt
Contributor
Message 67 of 366

So am I right in saying that the smaller fiber cabinet one door is the ECI and the bigger one with two doors is the Huawei? If that is the case I might have to try an ECI one. I recently swapped the openreach modem and hub 3 for a draytek 2750n. It works a little better but I'm still getting disconnected (saying that I'v just got 2 days up time). It's nice to have only one box on the shelf but I'd happily go back to having two if it was more stable!

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 366

21 hours without disconnection, which is close to a miracle with my line. Positive thing is that I didn't get an overnight disconnection, which always used to happen (and would mean we had to power cycle the Youview box to get Internet channels back in the morning).

Good signs.

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 366

48 hours without disconnection, and 2 days in a row we've been able to turn on the Youview box and get Internet channels straight away without having to do a power cycle. 

This thread should be stickied Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Ryan2595
Beginner
Message 70 of 366

I've been having issues where the HH5 I have will randomly turn orange (on the front light) at points throughout the day. I've been pointed in the direction of using a different router etc, can anyone recommend what I should buy?

0 Ratings