cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gutted
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

profile reset

The problems i have got are still going on poor speeds and lots of disconnections my speed has dropped to 20 meg now and i am on infinity 2 i have a fault coming up as fault at servers what does this mean they have told me they need to do a line profile reset and this could take up to 24 hours and will need to send a engineer to my house at at my cost if a fault is found even thou they have been to my my house  three times know and no fault has been found in the house i have said i am not willing to stay in all day again and no one turns up and i am not willing to pay any costs i cannot understand why they need to send someone to my house when the fault is at the server

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: profile reset

If you need a profile reset then an engineer must attend your property to check your connection and resolve any issue with it.

0 Ratings
blinkinlight
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

I think slightly innacurate but - correct me if i'm wrong - the profile is reset from the DSLAM (card you connect to at the cabinet) - which is why an engineers visit is still required. Most DSLAM faults (but not all) are line related - and you are paying for the engineer unless a line fault is currently detected - which is why they want to check the line too.

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 4 of 22

I honestly do not think they know what they are doing in the india call centre they said they do not need a engineer now to come to the house and they would reset my profile from their end and this could take another 24 hours and they have found no fault on the line now even thou when i log on to bt faults it shows i have a problem at the server end 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Unless things have changed, which I doubt, Customer Services can not reset your line profile remotely.

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 6 of 22

They talking rubish to me i have talked to a level 2 tec guy at india and he said that the profile had been re set at their end and had i seen any diffrence in speed i said how can you do this as i thought it could be only done by a engineerer he had no answer

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pete_1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

I was told the same thing, which is not true - see here: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Interleaving/m-p/1432285

and here, http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8547/~/what-is-interleaving%3F-what-are-its-pros-and-...

When I rang back and told them they were incorrect they apologised and blamed the poor fella who was talking to me previously, telling me that he was rubbish and had not had the proper training.

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 8 of 22

How can they get away with that i am going to make a complaint not that anything will get done but i hate being lied too

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 22

They won't get away with it again though, will they???

0 Ratings
gutted
Contributor
Message 10 of 22

just had another  call from  india to see if my speed had improved because they have just finished tweeking my profile i asked how they had done this and they said they had reset it their end and had been talking to engneers at the exchange to reset it their end

0 Ratings