cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Godsie
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

question on BT infinity order

I have recently checked my telephone line on the BT wholesale checker which shows that I should be eligibel for bt infinity 2. My BT exchange also shows up as accepting orders as well. However when I go through the process of ordering the package I reach a page which says that my max download speed is only 17Mbps

Does this mean that my line is not in fact ready for bt infinity or is this estimate inaccurate - I live about 500m from the exhange I have seen a fibre cabinet near my house.  I am keen to order as been waiting a while but would like to make sure I can actually get it first- would they let me know if I for some reason could not get before taking my money  - 17mbps is approx what i get from O2 at the moment on ADSL2.

I show screen shots from the bt wholesale broadband checker and the BT order page I get to when placing the order

Any help would be gratfeully appreciated

1.JPG

2.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Jarvmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: question on BT infinity order

No, it clearly says you gat get Infinity 2, refer to the second from last paragraph.
Godsie
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

thanks for reply - was bit concerned when the estimated download speed on the order was 17mbps as I virtually get that anyway now. I assume they would let me know beforehand if my cabinet is not upgraded yet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steve1412
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

never mind your line being ready, BT are not ready. they are incapable of delivering an acceptable service with infinity. sign up for it at your own peril
0 Ratings
Villetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I had same thing but showing 5mb.....the order failed 3 times and have had to order BT total b/band.

My guess is the systems take awhile to update coz I got a flyer through post yesterday saying I can get so I'll be calling up tomorrow for upgrade.

Just a warning in case it happens to you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings