Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 12 of 23

Re: "Coming Soon" - How Long is that?

Hi matg,

Have you got all the information you wanted now the BC has been in touch ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
salmank
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Hi. Resurrecting this thread because I'm looking for the same information. I'm on cabinet 3 and struggling to figure out if/when I can expect progress. Does anyone have any information?

0 Ratings
matg
Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Cabinet 3 is now live and accepting orders, you probably know that by now.

Cabinet 5 is not Cat Mad and is the only one left. Really **bleep** off that this is taking so long to get done now.

0 Ratings
doctordicky
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

matg: I'm on cabinet 3. Is cabinet 3 really live?

0 Ratings
robin71
Message 16 of 23

I'm also on cabinet 5 in Papworth Everard.

The other 3 cabinets in the village went live over a month ago (two on 29/03/2014 and one 04/04/2014). I understand that this last cabinet is probably the biggest so may take longer but that also means it's likely to have more potential customers hanging off it. It also (presumably) has the surgery, library, post office and shops on it!

I've not seen anyone working down there for a few weeks. I fear that it may have been tagged as "too hard to do at the moment so leave it 'til last".

Come on BT. Not that's they're listening to these forums let along this thread.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 17 of 23

Hi robin71,

BT Infinity is just BT Retail's brandname for their residential fibre broadband (FTTC & FTTP) service. BT Retail uses's the Openreach Fibre infrastructure like other ISPs do.

The Connecting Cambridgeshire BDUK Fibre Broadband Scheme is being rolled out, done and managed by the Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council in partnership with Openreach, so BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP whom operates this forum) does not have much say as to when and if you will be able to get fibre broadband (FTTC or FTTP or equivalent) as that is up-to Openreach and the Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council.

You can contact your Broadband Champion for your area, these are helpers raising awareness of the programme and encouraging people to register their demand for superfast broadband.

If you would like to see if there is any information on IF and When your PCP will be upgraded with a FTTC Dslam cabinet , then you will need to email Connecting Cambridgeshire via http://www.connectingcambridgeshire.co.uk/contact/ with your landline number, Full Address, Postcode, and Exchange. It may take a week or so to get a reply.

**The Commercial Fibre-Optic Broadband Rollout is being managed and done by Openreach for all communication providers/ISPs. The BDUK fibre broadband schemes are managed by Openreach along with your local authority.BT Retail (a communication provider/ISP) has nothing to do with the rollout of fibre broadband.**

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Ianx
Beginner
Message 18 of 23

I'm waiting on cabinet 5 as well.

I walk past it 5 - 6 times a day  and no one has been near it for weeks.

I don 't understand how both ends of a village have fibre but the one in the middle doesn't?

Come on openreach, get on with it.

0 Ratings
robin71
Message 19 of 23

Reply from Connecting Cambridgeshire team:

Cabinet 5 on Chequers lane has had some power issues these have been resolved as of yesterday and it is expected to go live in the next couple of weeks.
0 Ratings
Ianx
Beginner
Message 20 of 23

I really hope so - is it just a case of waiting for the sticker to appear on the box?

0 Ratings