cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 31 of 32

Re: "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Unsupported protocol" when trying to access Social

Go to solution

Thank you!

Was seeing 'Unsupported protocol' for Facebook, and switching off BT Parental Controls made no difference.

This resolved my issue immediately:

- switched BT Parental Controls back on

- saved new random 'Choose extra settings for homework time' settings (Saturday-Sunday 03:00-04:00)

The issue returns after a few minutes if I reset 'homework time' to blank, so I'll just keep it set until BT fixes this bug.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 32

Re: "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Unsupported protocol" when trying to access Social

Go to solution

Yes, they not only need to fix this bug, but additionally a "blocked" webpage should display when trying to access any website that their parental controls block so you know what is blocking it. Getting a generic protocol error is misleading and can lead to hours wasted trying to get to the bottom of an issue caused by their own filter. I know it wasted a lot of my time and even their own tech supports time who were clueless. This is especially compounded when dealing with other BT internet issues... frustrated and stressed are just a few mild feelings I've had with BT lately.  

0 Ratings