Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Evil_Noodle
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: "GAMER" Please Help Fast speeds but Lag spikes BT Infinity

what are home plugs and how do they work?

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

this might help
http://www.homeplugs.co.uk/acatalog/faqs.html
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
seab20
Expert
Message 13 of 15

They plug into your home power sockets and send Ethernet through the power lines you plug one in next to the router and one next to the PS3 then connect everything up. they work best when plugged in through as little extensions as possible, main sockets are best and make sure they are rated 200mbps or above, the higher the better but they are more expensive, most people are fine with 200mbps ones as long as there not plugged in through 5 daisy chained extension leads obviously

Rottie
Expert
Message 14 of 15

@seab20 wrote:

They plug into your home power sockets and send Ethernet through the power lines you plug one in next to the router and one next to the PS3 then connect everything up. they work best when plugged in through as little extensions as possible, main sockets are best and make sure they are rated 200mbps or above, the higher the better but they are more expensive, most people are fine with 200mbps ones as long as there not plugged in through 5 daisy chained extension leads obviously

I was going to refer the OP back to my previous post, which linked to the wikipedia article on homeplugs, but your answer is more concise. 🙂 Thanks for that and have a shiny star on me. 😄

0 Ratings
JoopZ
Message 15 of 15

I get the same problem on Battlefield 3, I have the Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless adapter, which is meant to change frequencies to stop interferrence.

0 Ratings