cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

"Major Service Outage"? What's going on?

Go to solution

Upgraded to Fibre on 16th July.

Network/distribution fault, fixed by Openreach 23rd July. Upto this point the FTTC copper Halo was working just fine.

Since then have had the following on the app (so 13 days so far, with 6 to go).

What's odd is that the issue isn't being reported by either calling 0800 169 0199 ("no problems"), nor is it showing on;

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/ss_cat/2468,2470

(we're in Milton Keynes, 01908)

Also, not showing as fault, even though have had my unlimited data and 4G mini-hub switched on, because I went on line and reported a fault.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Been nearly a month now without Fibre & two of us working from home on the 4G minihub is problematic as our 4G signal is patchy. The old FTTC copper isn't working either, but no one at Bt can tell me if this is because they've switched it off, or if it's because of the fault.

Ta.

IMG_0841.PNG

Edit: should add spoke to one very helpful BT Fibre team member who sorted the 4G mini-hub, and the unlimited data & she was the one who said she could see a "Major Service Outage" in our area affecting many customers.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: "Major Service Outage"? What's going on?

Go to solution

If you are a business customer you should post on the business forum as no-one here on the residential community forum can help you.

https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband 

I can tell you I've checked the Openrech site and there is no reported fault for the copper network or any fiber cab in Milton Keynes.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Not business, but that’s a useful site. 

That was my point; I can see there was no fault reported, yet nothing worked and still doesn’t, and the BT reps I spoke said they could see an issue on their system (major ser vice outage) that was preventing it working, but couldn’t say what it was or when fixed. 

I was told at lunch time that it was now fixed as of 7.26 this morning, But after a 45 minute phone call could not get an explanation as to why nothing was working still. 

BT app still insists there’s a problem requiring 6 days to fix. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

At the risk of bluntness appearing rude, yes, I know. 

That doesn’t change the fact that neither my fibre nor copper broadband can connect or the internet, all the usual problem walkthroughs and tests that get done online and over the phone all show the BT reps on the other end that it’s an infrastructure fault and not a problem my end and that the app shows a long-standing issue in our area, acknowledged multiple times on the phone. 
 And that it’s not yet fixed  

I was hoping someone on here would have alternative sources of information to those widely publicly available to provide more background. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I did have and supplied an alternative source of information (Openreach) I have access that the public does not. That does not list a problem for the area this leads me to belive is is most likely a BTWholesale problem but I cannot confirm either way as I don't have access to that info.

Do you have FTTP as well as FTTC? If so ring the FTTP team 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Have rung that number many times over past 3 weeks ;-).

They are the ones telling me there is major service outage and referring it back to Openreach. 

I’m not denying that other sources say there isn’t a problem and appreciate the input (honestly), it’s just frustrating that nobody seems prepared to admit the actual, real problem - it’s always someone else.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I agree with you, I would be frustrated in the same situation. Perhaps @imjolly could flag this for a mod to look at considerng your FTTC is not working either.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Jonn_C,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry that you're experiencing service issues.  It's strange one as if there was a service outage you'd expect to see it on multiple checkers and not just the app.  Due to the time this has been going on we can pick this up for you from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Robbie took ownership of my issues and got them both resolved within less than two days.
Thank you, Robbie.
0 Ratings