cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchasty
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

"My BT" and linking to a new order

Hi, I've been a long term BT customer on and off for years.  I seem to have collected a number of account numbers under "My BT" user ID.

I'm now returning to BT and have ordered FTTP but forgot to login to My BT before ordering.

How do I link the new order to My BT ID and be able to see it when I login?  This is important to me as I want to use the BT WiFi app and it currently says that I'm not a BT user when I login with my original BT User ID.

Make sense?   😁

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: "My BT" and linking to a new order

You can't use the BT Wifi app until you have become a customer. Until your FTTP is installed you won't be a customer.

If you've never had FTTP installed then it won't happen until after 1st June.

Make sense?

0 Ratings
jchasty
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

It might make sense, if the BT order page didn't say that I could download and use the BT Wifi App whilse I wait for the product to be installed......

jchasty_0-1588508681832.png

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Yes you should be able to use BT Wifi.

You will need to create a new BT ID and link it to your order.

0 Ratings
jchasty
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I'd love to, but of course it says that my email address is already being used under my original BT ID.  Somehow I need to link my new order with the old account....

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@jchasty wrote:

I'd love to, but of course it says that my email address is already being used under my original BT ID.  Somehow I need to link my new order with the old account....

Can you not use a different email address?

0 Ratings
jchasty
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Sure, but a less than ideal situation, given I've had the same email address for over 25 years

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 9

@jchasty welcome to the community and thanks for posting. You can add the new account to your existing BT ID however you will need to know your new account number. If you don't know that we're unfortunately unable to provide it to you over the phone but it should be on some of your order correspondence or your first bill.

To add the new account number

Login to MyBT

Click Your details > Account > Add an account 

jchasty
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thanks Neil

I can't see any account number on the info sent so far, so will have to wait for a bill.

At least I know how to do it now!

0 Ratings