It's only been 2 days. I know BT say it takes time for the line to settle, but I can't see it increasing in speed that much in the next 48 hours.
BT won't entertain anything until the 10 day period has expired but as soon as it has demand an engineer. Make sure you have tested by the test socket and checked that the max download hasn't increased. You could try though especially as the rate you are getting is no where near what you should.
Best bet if they won't entertain you is, sit and wait and get the engineer in on day 11. It's possible your speed may rise during this period.
Whatever happens, keep us updated so we may be of assistance.
I've asked a mod to take a look for you.
That's really kind of you and very helpful advice.
FYI - my backstory is that I have a case manager looking at this implementation as I've been asking for an 'upgrade' since August.
I'll certainly keep everyone updated.
Forget the case manager wait for a mod. As I said they may not be able to do anything yet but will be poised to take action and will get a result for you.
Still would be good and helpful to see stats when connected to test socket
@aston007 I'm really sorry about the poor broadband speeds after upgrading your service. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.
@aston007 thanks for taking my call today.
Your line is currently syncing at 7.5Mbs so, as agreed, we'll keep an eye on the connection and I'll check in again on Wednesday.
The line was only connected a few days ago and it could well be that the speed will increase further over the course of the next week or so, provided it remains stable.
Hi @aston007 sorry I missed you when I called there.
I ran a few checks on your line and I can see that your throughput speed (i.e. your actual speed) is still lower than what it should’ve been. The suppliers are carrying out some work to fix this over the next 48 hours, so I will get back in touch on Monday and we can take it from there.
If Monday doesn’t suit for a call, do text me back with a suitable date and time J
Hi @aston007 as an update for your thread - we'd identified a fault on your line and an engineer went out on Friday. He found a fault and fixed it, however when I tried to ring you today the line was noticeably noisy, so much so that we couldn't really hear each other.
I ran another check on your line and found another fault, so I have sent this back for further investigation.
I'm sorry there's still a problem, as soon as I have more information I'll get back to you.