cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 31

Re: "Upgraded" to BT Fibre Essentials - "Downgrade" in speed.

Thank you.

It's only been 2 days. I know BT say it takes time for the line to settle, but I can't see it increasing in speed that much in the next 48 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 22 of 31

BT won't entertain anything until the 10 day period has expired but as soon as it has  demand an engineer. Make sure you have tested by the test socket and checked that the max download hasn't increased. You could try though especially as the rate you are getting is no where near what you should.

Best bet if they won't entertain you is, sit and wait and get the engineer in on day 11. It's possible your speed may rise during this period.

Whatever happens, keep us updated so we may be of assistance.

I've asked a mod to take a look for you.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 31

That's really kind of you and very helpful advice.

FYI - my backstory is that I have a case manager looking at this implementation as I've been asking for an 'upgrade' since August. 

I'll certainly keep everyone updated.

Many thanks.

Mark

Highlighted
Sage
Message 24 of 31

Forget the case manager wait for a mod. As I said they may not be able to do anything yet but will be poised to take action and will get a result for you.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

Still would be good and helpful to see stats when connected to test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 26 of 31

@aston007 I'm really sorry about the poor broadband speeds after upgrading your service. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 27 of 31

@aston007 thanks for taking my call today.

Your line is currently syncing at 7.5Mbs so, as agreed, we'll keep an eye on the connection and I'll check in again on Wednesday.

The line was only connected a few days ago and it could well be that the speed will increase further over the course of the next week or so, provided it remains stable.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 28 of 31

Hi @aston007 sorry I missed you when I called there.

I ran a few checks on your line and I can see that your throughput speed (i.e. your actual speed) is still lower than what it should’ve been. The suppliers are carrying out some work to fix this over the next 48 hours, so I will get back in touch on Monday and we can take it from there.

If Monday doesn’t suit for a call, do text me back with a suitable date and time J

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 31

Hi @aston007 as an update for your thread - we'd identified a fault on your line and an engineer went out on Friday. He found a fault and fixed it, however when I tried to ring you today the line was noticeably noisy, so much so that we couldn't really hear each other.

I ran another check on your line and found another fault, so I have sent this back for further investigation.

I'm sorry there's still a problem, as soon as I have more information I'll get back to you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 31

Thanks Stephanie.
I will talk to you during the week.
0 Ratings