cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1jas
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

service information. Message from Hell

Hi,  Firstly my apologise for the lack of any real terminology. 

My elderly parents were 'slammed' on the 26 july this year. since then its been quite the battle to cancel the 'Zoom telecoms' account and return to bt.

This is happening albeit quite slowly.  Partly to do with retaining their 40+ year phone number.

We also took the advantage to upgrade to fibre.  since this has been 'fitted' we are receiving the message 62.6.38.125. service Information. no internet access at all. 

This with the smart hub showing a blue light and all devices recognising the hub (iPad, iPhone etc) 

Sadly the folks at BT are struggling to help... 

Despite the 7 hour plus interactions with The BT staff, it concluded that nothing could be done.....not sure overly were this leaves us. needless to say, the 'olds' have no internet access. 

There was has been some suggestion that 'problems with the fibre' might be a reason with 13 weeks to fix! but neighbours have 100% operation.

we are our wit's end...any advice on this would be very well received.

James 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: service information. Message from Hell

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

I have unmarked this post as the solution. If you could mark the final solution, it would be best, as I expect its going to turn out to be a configuration issue. The moderators often feed back the resolution on the forum.

0 Ratings
n1jas
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 5

Hi @n1jas

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see that your elderly parent's service was moved away from us without their knowledge.  I understand they're back with us now but they're seeing the BT Wholesale landing page when trying to view webpages.

This isn't something the Community will be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand with this.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
n1jas
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Robbie,
Thanks chum. much help is needed!
sadly I haven't received any private messages... to be honest, if there is any chance you could email me on a private email, it would be better...? i'll private message you. 

0 Ratings