cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

since 3 days broadband slow and intermittent drop

Go to solution

Hi, For 3 days I have unstable broadband and when it is on I have 10% of my contractual speed. I have tried the BT test my speed tool but nothing really happened... I do not think it is a good tool at all, to be honest... Did someone have the same issue as me I am in the Christchurch-Highcliffe area BH23. My contracttual speed is 21Mbps mini and I have 2.7... while usually I have 27.... Thanks 

dcayla_0-1597655452415.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: since 3 days broadband slow and intermittent drop

Go to solution

@dcayla 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

You may find that you have no dial tone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

post the hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, yes there is a noise like a radio scratch noise 😕

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@dcayla wrote:

Hi, yes there is a noise like a radio scratch noise 😕

You need to report it as a noisy phone line

Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

Its best to check with a phone plugged into the test socket, just to make sure that the noise is external, and not something within your own internal wiring.

If your line comes from a telephone pole, then this is most likely the cause of the problem if water has got into the box at the top.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Where can I find the hub stat ? I found the log as it is clearly stated on the advanced setting page. 
i cannot send them at the moment as my hub keep resetting...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings