cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: sites.google.com unavailable on BT connection

Go to solution

Have just had long text chat w BT; they have given me a complaint number & it has been escalated. Pointed them at this discussion.

Kept reminding them that even if fixed for me by using different DNS, didn't solve the basic problem as couldn't tell everyone on BT who might want to see my site to change their DNS or use another network!!!!

I think they did get it, though, and they didn't try to walk me through a bunch of pointless diagnostics/fixes.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

It is back working again , so looks like BT have fixed their DNS 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Yes, for me too. Phew.

Wonder if it affected any other sites?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

They can see your website. It's just the editing side of things that can't be accessed via BT at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Editing has been working for me since the fix last night. If it's not for you then may be worth raising it with BT as another complaint.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

This is still not working for me. Can any help out please?

Screenshot_20220224-084658.png

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

From the screenshot, are you using the 4G mobile data connection on your phone and not BT Broadband via wifi? Are you with EE? Someone said they were having the problem too. 

You can probably get round it by changing the DNS on your phone to (for example) Google's own, but how to do it varies between phones (Apple is different from Android and not all Androids are exactly the same). I'd Google "change dns [name of phone]" or "static dns [name of phone]" and see if there are clear instructions. If it needs IP address for the DNS, then 8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.4.4 for the secondary should work to use the Google DNS; if it asks for hostname then dns.google should work. But keep a note of the settings before you make the change just it case you need to go back to them.

Other DNSs are available; OpenDNS is popular and I've found it to be reliable.

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for this. I am hoping BT will fix this as I am not overjoyed about changing settings I never touched in the first place. I will give this a go anyway. Thanks. 

0 Ratings