cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunsdon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Infinity 2 6Mbps speed help

Yes...i know but also i recall BT  decided to censor some of my comments.

But brought up again so more people could easily see my comments or will BT edit my comments out again. This should highlight to BT how strongly i feel about how I and others are being treated. 

Theres is no point in moving to another ISP as they all use the same infrastructure. So until BT pulls its finger out i as a BT shareholder will continue hold BT to account and use this forum and social networks to highlight BT failings and arrogance.

Perhaps the next AGM will be a good place to raise my concerns

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 24

@mdunsdon the problem is nothing to do with your ISP BT Retail as it is openreach who have declined to move you to a different cabinet just to improve your broadband connection.  Bt Retail like nay other ISP cannot order openreach to move your connection   this is nothing to do with you personally and it is openreach stance which has been posted many times on the forum -  that they will not change your cabinet just for better connection.  I don't think being a shareholder of the BT Group makes any difference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

I have moved you on to your own thread because your post appears to be more about complaining about BT and how your problem was/was not dealt with rather that assisting the OP of the thread you posted on. 

Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

Your post was edited by the forum mods as you posted an email address which breaks the forum rules It has been posted many times before Openreach will not move people to other cabinets to get improved speeds as the network is bespoke and it I not possible to move just one line to a nearer cabinet
0 Ratings
mdunsdon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Apologies but that is wrong.

Legally my contract is with BT NOT Openreach.....therefore BT are responsible for the speeds i should expect.....indeed an email from BT says i am guaranteed 12 mps 

A similar comparison by way of example is - if my train is delayed considerably for whatever reason then my claim for compensation is with the Rail franchise not Network Rail

As for moving me to another forum - is this another case of censorship? My complaint is clearly about Broadband Speed so please move me back to the original forum

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

@mdunsdon

you are still on the same forum just on your own thread as against a thread started by someone else  this way any replies are about your posts/problems and not hijacking the previous originating posters thread

your contract is with Bt Retail your ISP which is part of the BT Group just as openreach are part of the BT Group  Both act independently as per OFCOM rules

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

BT can only provide the speed the network allows and as it is Openreach that is responsible for the network and street cabinets and they operate on behalf of over 500 different providers of which BT Retail your provider is just one it is out of BT retails control
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

Also you have not been censored the information that was removed by the forum moderators was information not allowed to be posted on the forum as per the forum rules
0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 24

All the same your speed is much lower than BT promised you & that should concern BT with whom you do have a contract.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

@XRaySpeX wrote:

All the same your speed is much lower than BT promised you & that should concern BT with whom you do have a contract.

from reading all the posts it obviously does concern Bt and more important it was of concern to Bt Group CEO who instructed openreach to look into the problem  The speed is as fast as line can get so OP must have chance to just cancel and walk away without cancellation charges  of couse unless OP can get cable then moving to a new ISP will not improve connection speed