cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunsdon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Re: Infinity 2 6Mbps speed help

So as a BT shareholder and customer what is BT  doing in respect of customer retention.  Suggesting that they can walk away does not make good business sense to me.

Particularly as your email says that the speed is as fast as the line can get  then why are BT guaranteeing customers/me in an email only today that the minimum download speed I can expect is 12 mps....when i get 3.1 mps........

Openreach is owned by the BT Group so i am sure BT Retail have a voice at the Group Board meetings to do something but there is obviously not an appetite to pursue at CEO level. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 24

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT.
Although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read .
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 24

@mdunsdon

like all ISPs Bt Retail relies on the openreach checker for estimates which it provides to customers but there is a proviso regarding the assumptions as sometimes the phoneline is not good quality or may even be partial aluminium  in these circumstances your ISP request engineer visits to try and improve your speed to that estimated but shold the engineers fail then you can walk away without any cancellation fees

like all public companies they are responsible to their shareholders and as such maximise return on investements  it would not be in the shareholders interest for openreach to spend time and possible £1000s redirecting your phone line so you can get a better broadband conenction where return is your monthly line rental

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 24

BT do take seriously the estimated speeds you see when you run the estimate check and when you sign up and they give you a minimum guaranteed speed that you should achieve.

That is why they give you a guarantee. If they did not take it seriously they would do nothing to try and achieve the speed or allow you to leave the contract you entered into if they are unable to achieve that.

See link about the minimum guaranteed access line speed and in particular what you should do if your line does not meet that speed and what you can do and what BT will do if they are not able to get you that speed. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/~/your-line-speed-explained

0 Ratings