cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

slow connection

I'm having problems connecting to all sites and web pages on all devices. The only way I've got on here without it timing out is connecting to Fon. Done a speed test (took ages to load) and it says I'm connected at between 19 and 23mbps so I'm stumped?? anyone got any ideas???

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: slow connection

@Tyke107 

Good Morning,

What device/s are you using to load the pages, and how are you connecting WiFi or Wired?

If it's WiFi it maybe the channel that needs changing.  This can be done on any BT Hub just depends which one you have.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

phones, laptops and TV box all running like this and the TV box is through ethernet cable. Not which router I have but it's a couple of years old. I'm just confused as to why it's happening seeing as a speed test says it's running at it's normal speed???

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

@Tyke107 

what router is it? 

If you post the model one of the other members can adv how to check the speed at the router.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

it's a BT smart hub but it's just the wifi that's not working properly on all devices.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

if hh6 then probably start with factory reset - press recessed button on back and hold 20/30 secs until lights flash

when hub restarts then turn off smart setup

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

then I would split the 2.4/5ghz networks and also select channels manually

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

just tried that but no joy. Ethernet seems to be working fine but having to log into BT FON to be able to reply on here through wifi

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

post hub stats  go to advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Product name:Smart Hub

Serial number:+088044+1813010687

Firmware version: v0.09.06.05093-BT

Firmware updated:Mon Jul 16 07:52:15 2018

Board version:01

DSL uptime:0 days,07 Hours12 Mins07 Secs

Data rate:5.889 Mbps / 27.355 Mbps

Maximum data rate:5.867 Mbps / 27.368 Mbps

Noise margin:6.0 / 6.0

Line attenuation:36.3 / 26.8

Signal attenuation:25.7 / 23.4

Data sent / received:161.4 MB / 3.6 GB

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:Tykes

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)

5 GHz wireless network name:Tykes-5

5 GHz wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)

Wireless security:WPA2

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:Default

MAC address:94:6A:B0:AC:18:20

Software variant:-

Boot loader:0.1.6-BT (Fri Sep 9 10:05:09 2016)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

because i'm not too bright when it comes to all this....i finally got a speed check done and my download is 23+mbps but my upload is between 0.05 and 0.01mbps. So looks like that could be the problem???

0 Ratings