Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

slow sync speed

hi everyone,

sorry for long lettr in advance.

i have a problem if anyone can help?  i have had BT  super fast fiber 2 unlimited on a smart hub 6 A since november 2017 with no problems .  the problem now is that my down stream sync speed has dropped from 72-74 meg (download speeds 69-70 meg)  to a down stream sync speed of  60-62 meg (download speeds 52-56 meg) in june 2018 and it has not recoverd. A drop of about 15% -20% in download speed

i am lucky in that i live 100 meters from my fiber cabinet box so always got a good / fast connection.  i have done the usual things recomended by BT like resetting the hub, and leaving it turned off for 24 hours and waited the full 14 days for the line managnent system to adjust things but nothing has helped restore my original down stream sync speed.

i rang BT help and they said because the sync speed was 60.53, just 1 meg above the handback of 59.4meg they could send an engineer or do anything.

i ran the MYBT speed test and selected "fix a broad babd fault .this checked the line that was ok then it checked the broaband and said " we have found a fault outside your home,confirm your contact details and we will fix it" a fault note was generated and i would be contacted . i tracked the fault via the email they sent me, but there was no record and i was not contacted to say it was resolved.

so then i ran the BT wholesale speed test and got these results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 54.3 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-60.53 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 60.53 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 28.67Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

i ran the  DSL checker and got  this below so i know the caninet speeds have not changed since november 2017

High               Low                        High              Low                handback
VDSL Range A (Clean)  80mpbs      66.4 mpbs         20 mpbs     19 mpbs       59.4 mpbs 

it looks as though i am stuck on a 60/20 ip profile where i was / should be on  a 80/20 ip profile for my superfast fiber 2 unlimited  package took out in november 2017, that says i should get an average of 67meg download speed.

I did have  an initial problem with the new  super fast fiber 2 unlimited package in november 2017 in that we were getting a slow speed for the new package, and as it was below the handback speed threshold, so BT sent an engineer out and found a faulty " node" in the cabinet and  swapped us over and sorted it .from then till june this year the speed was fine . any help would be great,

many thanks steve

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: slow sync speed

Can you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

@kawasaki636wrote:

hi everyone,

sorry for long lettr in advance.

i have a problem if anyone can help?  i have had BT  super fast fiber 2 unlimited on a smart hub 6 A since november 2017 with no problems .  the problem now is that my down stream sync speed has dropped from 72-74 meg (download speeds 69-70 meg)  to a down stream sync speed of  60-62 meg (download speeds 52-56 meg) in june 2018 and it has not recoverd. A drop of about 15% -20% in download speed

i am lucky in that i live 100 meters from my fiber cabinet box so always got a good / fast connection.  i have done the usual things recomended by BT like resetting the hub, and leaving it turned off for 24 hours and waited the full 14 days for the line managnent system to adjust things but nothing has helped restore my original down stream sync speed.

i rang BT help and they said because the sync speed was 60.53, just 1 meg above the handback of 59.4meg they could send an engineer or do anything.

i ran the MYBT speed test and selected "fix a broad babd fault .this checked the line that was ok then it checked the broaband and said " we have found a fault outside your home,confirm your contact details and we will fix it" a fault note was generated and i would be contacted . i tracked the fault via the email they sent me, but there was no record and i was not contacted to say it was resolved.

so then i ran the BT wholesale speed test and got these results This is not working correctly so cannot be trusted

Download speedachieved during the test was - 54.3 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-60.53 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 60.53 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 28.67Mbps Impossible
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

i ran the  DSL checker and got  this below so i know the caninet speeds have not changed since november 2017

High               Low                        High              Low                handback
VDSL Range A (Clean)  80mpbs      66.4 mpbs         20 mpbs     19 mpbs       59.4 mpbs 

it looks as though i am stuck on a 60/20 ip profile where i was / should be on  a 80/20 ip profile for my superfast fiber 2 unlimited  package took out in november 2017, that says i should get an average of 67meg download speed.

I did have  an initial problem with the new  super fast fiber 2 unlimited package in november 2017 in that we were getting a slow speed for the new package, and as it was below the handback speed threshold, so BT sent an engineer out and found a faulty " node" in the cabinet and  swapped us over and sorted it .from then till june this year the speed was fine . any help would be great,

many thanks steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

As already  requested , perhaps you could post your router connection stats

It's  possible that as more customers connect to your FTTC cab, your line has been affected by cross talk from adjacent connections , lowering your sync speed, or perhaps your line has developed an issue and the speed reduced accordingly because of it..have you tried dialing 17070 from the master socket test port with a (preferably corded ) phone , taking the quiet line option, and listen for noise on your line ?
If you line did have  a problem , even if is now fixed, you could be on a banded profile, and these apparently can take a long time to be automatically removed, an engineer visit can get this banding removed, but as you are aware, if your line is above the hand back threshold, your ISP may not be too keen to arrange an engineer visit 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi here is the tec log from the route.

BT Smart Hub Manager
bt image

Technical log
Information

Event log
This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Serial number: +084319+NQ73075935
Firmware version: SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated: 20-Aug-2018
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.64.0
DSL uptime: 0 Days, 3 Hours 42 Minutes 15 Seconds
Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 61.96 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 25995 / 64366
Noise margin: 9.8 dB / 6.5 dB
Line attenuation: 12.7 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: Fast Path
Data sent / received: 240 MB Uploaded / 1633 MB Downloaded
Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi: Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8X92
2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 1)
5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8X92-5
5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode: Mode 1
Firewall: On
MAC address: B8:D9:4D:40:37:27
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Hi here are my stats.

BT Smart Hub Manager
bt image

Technical log
Information

Event log
This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Serial number: +084319+NQ73075935
Firmware version: SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated: 20-Aug-2018
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.64.0
DSL uptime: 0 Days, 3 Hours 42 Minutes 15 Seconds
Data rate: 20.00 Mbps / 61.96 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 25995 / 64366
Noise margin: 9.8 dB / 6.5 dB
Line attenuation: 12.7 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: Fast Path
Data sent / received: 240 MB Uploaded / 1633 MB Downloaded
Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi: Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8X92
2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 1)
5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-8X92-5
5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode: Mode 1
Firewall: On
MAC address: B8:D9:4D:40:37:27
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

hi al .i have also done the quiet line test and all seems ok. very quiet and no noise

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

hi all .here is an old screen grab i found from june of my router stats before they slowed down. as you can see i was getting 73.94 down stream sync .hope this can help

Screenshot_20180318-235057.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Hi .i have posted my router log as requested. could anyone see any problem from it. And i have included an old router log via a old screen grad from june for refference.i hope this helps everyone in solving my problem.cheers
0 Ratings