cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

speed issue outside home

Hello hope everyone is healthy

Nearly every time openreach are at the box at end of our street our broadband either stops working or goes to snails pace

every time we have to get engineer out and each one says wires loose in box but lately each time its fixed speed is getting slower despite last engineer moving wires to other side of box

my guaranteed speed is as follows

How fast will my broadband be?We estimate your:
  • download speed will be between 55Mbps and 73Mbps
  • upload speed will be between 17Mbps and 18Mbps.

How we estimate your speedsIn November 2020, we (like most providers) changed the way we estimate broadband speeds to make them more accurate. That means they might look different to what you've seen before.

Your Stay Fast GuaranteeYour Stay Fast download speed is 47Mbps.

But now only getting around the 40 mark and as a former computer repairer know my way around a router despite absolutely no changes to set up or anything else since i was getting 60+ speeds before

bt app testbt app test

you can see how they have droppedyou can see how they have dropped

as you can see from bottom photo the speeds have dropped by a third and i am sick getting them out every other week
p.s they did install a new fibre box in the street but think the issue started before that but not 100%

bt1.jpg

Any ideas where i go from here

btw last engineer said he got it to 47 (which happens to be my guaranteed minimum) but when i got home it was 40

P.S i don't mind phoning but you have to make sure someone in and you have to go through all the same **bleep** like is your wires connected /restart your router etc etc when that is the first things you check and i realise everyone is not at the same level and it has to be a one size fits all

sorry for the rant but its very frustrating

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: speed issue outside home

Your uptime is less than 2 days are you having problems with connection dropping or was that manual reset?

Try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

Enter phone number and post results   remember delete number but leave exchange and cab number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Manual reset for bt test

Sorry don't have a house phone and anyway every time bt engineer comes its a problem in box at end of street.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Also why does it say on bt broadband speed test that results are as expected see pic above when my guaranteed minimum speed is 47 and its showing 39 

what is the threshold on the app speed test

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

So would i just keep phoning them weekly till they provide promised speed

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

The most basic test to check for broadband problems is to check your phone line for noise 

You must have a phone number even if you don't use it so results from the dslchecker link I posted would help see what speed range is expected for your line

Any speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds to your hub and not download speeds to your device

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

My apologies i never noticed your link

B3C48BDC-8CB9-44CD-9BEE-481E16643793.png

BE598519-D1CA-4595-8085-31EE4FCBE265.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

You've cut off the exchange and cab number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Cabinet 9 Fraserburgh 

now down to 32 from 60 a year or so ago

guaranteed is now down to 32

whats the point of giving a gaurentee when if its not made just take it down without any consultation as well

5DE7E207-F241-4B63-A651-D0223C0FE139.jpeg

3EBB5D7D-991D-46ED-88FB-903A72A0D348.jpeg

FC416F52-8A54-4B8C-B53A-CD2A188B2E6F.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

can you post up to date router stats please

have you been able to check for noise on your line?

0 Ratings