cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGM336
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

speed

hello . this is my first time posting to these forums but im hoping someone can shed some light on a problem i have.

I am on BT Unlimted Infinity, up 52mb download and up to 9.5mb upload. I was advised by a BT support team member that i should achieve up 37mb however im getting only 22.01

here is a technical log of speed line attenuation noise etc:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ73976489

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

11-Mar-2018

-

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 4 Hours 34 Minutes 36 Seconds

Data rate:

1.22 Mbps / 22.01 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

1217 / 22609

Noise margin:

6.5 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

30.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

Can anyone tell my why i cant achieve the 37mb? i have tried rebooting and resetting the hub (Smart hub 6) and still nothing, or at least help me understand what going on lol thx
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
SGM336
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Speed

hello . this is my first time posting to these forums but im hoping someone can shed some light on a problem i have.

I am on BT Unlimted Infinity, up 52mb download and up to 9.5mb upload. I was advised by a BT support team member that i should achieve up 37mb however im getting only 22.01

here is a technical log of speed line attenuation noise etc:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ73976489

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

11-Mar-2018

-

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 4 Hours 34 Minutes 36 Seconds

Data rate:

1.22 Mbps / 22.01 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

1217 / 22609

Noise margin:

6.5 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

30.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

Can anyone tell my why i cant achieve the 37mb? i have tried rebooting and resetting the hub (Smart hub 6) and still nothing, or at least help me understand what going on lol thx
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: Speed

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to eliminate internal wiring 

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
SGM336
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

hi there yes i tried the 17070 option 2 and heard nothing except a very faint hiss.  I have tried the test socket no differance.

As requested here is the results from the webpage you suggested:

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)26.218.11.71.115.8Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)20.2101.50.87.9Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 11--6.5 to 15Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 11Up to 16.5 to 15Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 6--5 to 8Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date28-02-2018 
0 Ratings
SGM336
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

BT say i should reach 37 but going by this it dont look like its going to do it in which case i aint going to pay £49.99 per month for 20mb >.<

0 Ratings
SGM336
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Just did a TAP 3 test using speedtest@speedtest_domain as my username in the hub login page as suggest on different forum and ran a test, this is what I got: 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 0 Mbps 0 Mbps 33.87 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 0 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-33.87 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 33.87 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 0.86 Mbps 0 Mbps 2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.86Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault. If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results sure if this has any relevance or helps at all but this shows my ip profile to be 33.87. yet when I switch back to my default username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and run the normal test via speedtest.btwholesale.com I get an ip profile of 21.57mbps for down load and an upload profile of 10mbps..what the heck is going on?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Re: speed

Can you connect to the test socket and repost the stats please?

Also put you phone number in HERE and post a screenshot of the result. Remove your phone# before posting.

0 Ratings
SGM336
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

test socket made no differance. the link you have given has been done already and results are in previous post and removing my phone would make no differance either. I spoke with BT today and they say that in my area 26mb is as fast i can go, so paying £50 per month for unlimited infinity up 52mb download and getting 26mb is fine as far as BT is concerned. They stare the the promised speed is 18 anything over that is fine....go figure lol. Many thanks to all who replied but it looks like i have to put up with it 🙂
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

from the checker results it does look like your connection is within estimate.  you may find you get a bit faster if/when G.INP is activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
SGM336
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

and that asks the question when will G.INP be activated is there a way to check for this? what is G.inp?
0 Ratings