cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

speedtest

why does the speedtest not work. I've tried via my account when logged on as well as via the BT App on my phone. Both are useless. The online one just goes through the various screens and ends up with "results" with a green tick next to it but not actual results. On the BT App it just says that "the speed test failed. There could be a technical issue on our part"

I have tested using mainstream tools and the speed is 25 download 10 upload......both well below the minimums advertised by BT and under my Fibre contract.

As ever, no practical way to interact with BT to find out what on earth is going wrong.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: speedtest

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: speedtest

Thanks. This just confirmed that my speeds are slow c22 ie well below the supposed 41 sure speed guarantee.

No idea how to actually contact BT as all the support options just triage you to online FAQs which are a chocolate fireguard.

Oh the irony of inputing "live chat" into the search engine under BT support and you get no hits.

I know these are troubled times but BT as useless at connecting with customers are ever.

Is there an easy way to notify them, online that they need to check my line and get it working faster?

0 Ratings