Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PikAlien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

superfast broadband speed Guarantee

Go to solution

Can anyone help with advising me as to who to contact with regard to guaranteed speed on my 50Mb package.

I have been told it should be minimum 37Mb download but has never been more than 14Mb average.

3 engineers have visited in the last month and each has reported that as the fibre Cab. is just over 1 Km from my house there is no way I will receive 37Mb download.  It is then on copper to another cab  and then on to my premises.

The second cab it goes through also has a fibre cable feed to it and is 0.6 Km from me.

They have all reported back on fault report that a cease and reprovide of my line onto the closer cab will give me the quoted  37Mb download speed.

I can only assume that package was sold thinking I was on the closer cab fibre. However I am unable to get anyone on the numerous help desks contacted  to take this on board and everyone is still assuming it is a fault even though I have constantly informed them that a cease and reprovide will solve the problem.

I am now being awaiting a Technical Help Desk in India to look into it and contact me later in the week when all I need is someone to make the decision to switch me to different cab or tell a reason why they cannot. I am at my wits end over this 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: superfast broadband speed Guarantee

Go to solution

Can you post hub stats advanced settings then technical log information 

enter phone number and post results. Delete number.  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

There are many posts on the forum about changing cab to improve your connection speed and answer is the same. Openreach will not change your cab just to increase your broadband connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PikAlien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Even if the package you are paying for has a speed guarentee  of more than double you actually getting and they claim will do everthing possible to acheive 

How fast will my broadband be?

We estimate your:

• download speed will be between 42Mbps and 50Mbps
  • upload speed will be between 8Mbps and 9Mbps.

Your Stay Fast GuaranteeYour Stay Fast download speed is 37Mbps.

Your minimum download speed

If your download speed isn't at least 37 Mbps, get in touch and we'll do our best to fix it.

Strangely I would think "We'll do our best to fix it" actually means we'll do our best to fix it 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

'Download speed' in the correspondence from BT is actually connection speed - it is explained in T&C

dslchecker results will show connection speed range and stats will help forum members help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings