cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

to all with unlocked huawei modems, read.

anyone who has the sp10 firmware on the huawei 3b version modem, go to sp8, sp10 must not support g.inp because now g.inp is enabled for me and my latency has gone almost back to normal, just 3 on the downstream, im very happy now :D.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 16

Re: to all with unlocked huawei modems, read.

Where did you get the SP10 firmware from? It should have been updated automatically by BT.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

the modem already had sp10 firmware on it and then i unlocked it last year but im not sure which firmware with, now i have sp8 on and g.inp is now active and my speeds are back to normal, if i wouldnt have changed it today id have had interleave forever.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
onslow
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

In Huawei nomenclature, SP stands for Service Pack.  The digits after the letters SP identify the minor revision number of the firmware release.   The major revision number, or Build number of the firmware, holds more importance.

For the HG612, this has been the chronology, to date, of official firmware releases:

V100R001C01B027SP06

V100R001C01B028SP10

V100R001C01B030SP06
V100R001C01B030SP08

What this more clearly shows is that B028SP10 is actually older than B030SP08, and consequently is probably inferior, too.

We need to look beyond the last two digits of the firmware release identifier.

0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

yeah it said on kitz that the sp10 was the standard firmware rthe modems came with and that sp8 was newer and better. its deffo the case, if i wouldnt of put it on id have been stuck with 68 meg rather than 80 because g.inp wasnt enabling.

0 Ratings
x5gb
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Whereabouts do I get the unlocked sp08 unlocked firmware from, I can only find sp10 firmware via the kitz link.
0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

private message me mate and il send you the link

0 Ratings
x5gb
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Thanks for the offer buddy, but found it on the kitz forum in the end, in the the H-Wolf thread, is that the correct one.
0 Ratings
dlmfun
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

indeed it is fella, use the unlocked one, theres 3 in the sub folder but the thrid one which is the gui one didnt load onto my modem for some reason and was stuck on the cycle.

0 Ratings
x5gb
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

I just used gui version and it seemed to load fine before you posted so I should be okay to stick with that one. Is there anything in the gui screen I should be changing, I,ve read turning off ptm 301 and qos helps increase the upload speed, do you agree and if there is anything else I should be changing.

Thanks in advance.
0 Ratings